Gloomy or Not So Gloomy Day

[ Mikha felt weak that day, they were supposed to go on a date but had to cancel. They stayed home while Mikha feels guilty. Aiah decided to just take the date at home. ]

---

The car was ready, a restaurant was already reserved, and the whole day was planned out by Aiah and Mikha. They were going on a date.

Aiah was waiting by the car wearing a fancy white dress as she was on her phone confirming her reservation. 

Today's going to be fun! She happily thought to herself.

It had been a while since they went out on a date after all. Aiah was determined to enjoy the day.

She took a look at her wrist watch, wondering why Mikha was taking too long double checking the house. She shook her head, "Ilang beses na siguro niya chineck ung gas stove." Aiah chuckled and started walking back inside the house.

As she went inside she called out for the girl. "Mikha? Come on, we have to be there by 12."

But there was no answer. Aiah creased her brows.

"Mikha?"

Aiah went in the kitchen and saw Mikha on the floor breathing heavily with her hands on her chest. "Mikhs?!"

She immediately kneeled beside her and held the girl. "Mikha? What's wrong? San masakit?"

Mikha looked at Aiah in distress. "I don't feel good yah."

She grabbed Mikha's hands and felt its coldness. "Have you drank your meds? Should we get you to a hospital?"

Mikha weakly shook her head. "Wag na, I just have to rest."

Aiah helped her stood up and they went to Mikha's room.

"Mga five minutes lang, then let's go." Mikha tried to smile at Aiah as she sat on her bed still breathing quite heavily.

"Let's cancel." Aiah squeezed Mikha's hand in reassurance. "Mas important ang health mo."

The girl frowned at Aiah, "But we already planned this. I'm fine, I just need a few minutes-"

"It's okay, we can plan again next time." Aiah smiled.

"But naka reserve na tayo, mahal ung booking sayang and I already drank my meds so I'll be fine." Mikha stubbornly said.

"I told you Mikha, it's fine." Aiah said with a serious look. "Let's stay home na lang."

She stepped out of the room, leaving Mikha be. The latter sighed in frustration.

At the same time, Aiah also sighed but in worry. She immediately cancelled everything that was planned today.

Even if she was disappointed, she can't show it because she knows that Mikha's health is more important than anything.

There's nothing can be done if Mikha wasn't feeling okay.

Aiah looked out at the window by the garden. It was really a good day to have a date, just the two of them.

Shaking her head, she was about to go to the kitchen to prepare something when Aiah noticed a bench and a table in their garden.

She squinted her eyes and grinned. 

Unless.

Inside Mikha's bedroom, the girl was in a gloomy mood. She was excited for today.

They haven't had a date since she always have a doctor's appointment whenever Aiah's free from work.

Finally, the two have time today but her weak body just have to cancel their precious moment.

Eto na nga lang time namin umepal pa ako. 

Mikha bit her lip. She was still sitting on the bed, trying to regulate her breath. As much as possible she wants to try and make Aiah see that she's fine and they could go on with their plans.

It's been months. Anong klaseng girlfriend naman ako kung kahit isang beses hindi pa ulit kami nag dadate?

The girl tried to stand up but she could her head getting dizzy. So she sat again on her bed, hating feeling weak.

"I hate this." She whispered to herself in frustration. Then she fell asleep.

Ah hour had passed and Mikha was still sleeping when Aiah opened the door to her room.

She smiled at the sleeping girl. Aiah went in and tapped Mikha's shoulder.

"Mikhs?" She softly said but the girl didn't budge.

Should I let her sleep? Aiah thought to herself.

But before she got out and let Mikha sleep, the girl groggily woke up and grabbed Aiah's hand. "Yah."

Aiah turned to her, "Hey sleepy head."

"You're still wearing your dress." Mikha said when she noticed Aiah was still in her dress from earlier.

"Yes," she gave a wide smile. "Bangon ka na diyan we're going to continue our date."

Mikha widened her eyes. "Really?!"

Aiah nodded so Mikha quickly went out of bed making Aiah giggle. "Slow down, baka mahilo ka niyan."

"Nope, I'm fine." Mikha shook her head with a determined face. Aiah held her hand and guided her to the garden.

It was decorated with ferry lights and a table setup with candles and plates. Mikha looked around in amazement. While Aiah have her phone in hand, a song played through a speaker also set up in a corner.

"How did you?" Mikha glanced at her in admiration.

"I went out earlier habang tulog ka. Bumili na rin ng foods and tada! Problem solved diba?" 

Aiah proudly told the girl as she urged Mikha to move towards the set up.

"Dumaan din ako kela shee kanina, buti na lang talaga malapit lang sila dito. I borrowed a projector para manuod tayo ng movie parang sa cinema." Aiah pulled out the bench and let Mikha sit.

The song continued to play on the background while Mikha was still digesting what's happening.

"You prepared all of this? For me?"

"Yep, you don't like it?" Aiah worriedly looked at her.

Mikha shook her head, "of course not! I love it. Super."

To be honest Mikha wanted to let her tears out. But happiness is overpowering her. She was so glad to have Aiah in her life.

"Please wag ka magsawa sakin." She quietly said.

Aiah frowned, "never." 

"Tayo hanggang dulo, remember?" Aiah grabbed her chin and made Mikha turn to her.

"Hanggang dulo." Mikha repeated while smiling.