Who's Courting Who? (part 5)

Aiah was getting what they ordered at the counter. While Mikha was fidgeting on her seat by the window.

Nervous was an understatement. Her heart was thumping hard she almost couldn't breathe.

'Relax, self. Just say you like her and then period. Period.'

But what if she rejects her, what if she doesn't want to be friends anymore.

What if everything falls apart on her?

The beats of her chest was wild, it was uncontrollable.

'Shit.'

'Pano kapag mandiri siya sakin?'

"Mikhs? You look like you're going to pass out." Aiah arrived at their table and put down the tray.

"Okay ka lang?" She asked again.

Mikha immediately froze.

"Mikha." Aiah was worried. She reached to Mikha's hand. "Are you okay?"

And the moment Mikha felt Aiah's hand touched hers, her chest lightened. Her beats slowed down. It matched the rhythm of the coffee shop's tune, some beautiful blues.

Then it began to rain.

Droplets of water slid down on the window, as Mikha processed what to say.

She started with saying, "I'm fine." and she let Aiah's hand rest on her own ones.

"Sure ka?"

"Yes."

"Aiah, I..."

One beat on her chest.

"May gusto akong sabihin sayo."

"Me too."

Mikha looked up at Aiah who was giving her a soft smile.

That was that kind of smile that brought Mikha in. It made her crazy.

It's that kind of smile that can make her suddenly blurt out her words.

"I like you." "May I court you?"

"Huh?" Mikha was shocked when she and the girl spoke together.

"Pwede ba kitang ligawan?" Aiah repeated.

"But..but I am courting you?"

Confused, Mikha didn't know what to do.

"You are?" The senior asked.

"I am!" This time Mikha said with conviction.

Aiah looked at her for a second and then giggled. "Well, edi ligawan natin ang isa't isa."

"What? Pano yon? Hindi ko na nga alam ginagawa ko eh!" Mikha frowned.

"I don't know," she shrugged. "First time ko rin gawin to, all I know is that I like you back."

They both went quiet. The other was feeling and enjoying the moment while the other one felt like she was levitating.

"Coffee won't help me right now." Mikha whispered.

"Hmmm?"

"Ah no, nothing." Mikha chuckled awkwardly.

The girl in front of her clasped her hands together and rested it on the table. "Sooo."

"What do you think?"

She looked at her dumbfounded. "Huh?"

"About the ligaw thingy?"

"Ah, AH. Okay uhmm." Mikha was a mess.

"Cute mo."

A cute mess, apparently. (To Aiah only because she was sure if Gwenny was here her best friend would smack her head for being awkward and just downright dysfunctional.)

"Sure. I mean I, agree ako sa ano. Ligawan ang isa- you know what, why don't we just date?"

Aiah looked at her with wide eyes, definitely not expecting that move from Mikha.

"Are you sure? I could meet your family first and ask. Baka traditional kayo or something."

She tried her best not to let the girl see how saddened she was to hear that. Because the only family left was nanay Luce. No one else.

"No, no. hindi na need gawin yon but there's someone I do want you to meet. But next time na siguro." Mikha smiled. Her nervous demeanor from earlier completely faded.

"Okay, sure. Pero sometime soon I'll have to let you meet my fam, since sila ang traditional." Aiah smirked at her like she said it on purpose to make Mikha want to hide in a hole and stay there forever.

Yes, she was nervous again. Only, Aiah could do that.

"Uh maybe, maybe not now?"

The older girl giggled. "Of course, let's have a third date first hmmm?"

Mikha internally sighed in relief but then looked back at Aiah, "what do you mean third?"

"Second na natin to eh, hindi mo ba to icoconsider na date?" Aiah tilted her head. It reminded Mikha of a cute and innocent dog. A golden retriever.

"Sabi ko nga," she grinned.

Today was a blast and there was only one thing she wanted to do when gets home.

She'll have to tell everything to nanay Luce. Every single detail.

Even if nanay Luce would laugh at her about some parts but at least she could share it to someone she considered family.

And now, Aiah was going to be a part of it.