First Fight

[Mikha and Aiah had a fight. Aiah handled it by ignoring Mikha which made the latter frustrated.]

---

"I seriously don't know why you don't even want to have dinner with them." Aiah was now standing beside Mikha's bed. 

They were both hanging out in Mikha's room, supposedly watching a movie on Aiah's laptop. But the latter paused the movie when her brother texted her, confirming if they were still going out on Saturday night.

She wanted to let her family get to know her girl friend of one year. They've always heard stories about Mikha, she had always told them what happened between them like how they met, how they started dating, how Mikha makes her feel like a silly girl in love. That's how inclusive and close she was with her family.

That's why it's really important for her to let the girl meet them.

The problem is, Mikha still doesn't want to.

Aiah was frowning and she could feel her face heating up, turning red.

"Hindi..." The younger girl sighed, "Hindi ganon yun."

"Gusto kitang intindihin, I want to understand you okay? And I won't if you don't tell me."

"I'm just not ready." The girl avoided her eyes as she leaned on her bedframe.

A short silence filled the room and Aiah was visibly trying to put out what to say. Her mouth opened and closed. Frustratingly closing her eyes as she tried to control her emotions.

"When are you going to be ready?" She finally uttered.

Mikha didn't answer and that was Aiah's last straw.

"You know what? Puntahan mo na lang ako pag may sagot ka na."

She closed her laptop, grabbed it and put it in her bag as she started walking away not even looking at the other girl.

"Wait," Mikha tried calling out, staring at the older girl's back who stopped waiting for her to continue.

Aiah was just standing there hoping that Mikha would speak but she didnt. Mikha was still trying to think of what to say.

"I...I'm just not," She was having a hard time, Mikha sat up on the edge of her bed. "Di lang ako ready."

She shook her head. Without any other words, Aiah opened the door and walked out.

It's been a day since that confrontation. Aiah was obviously ignoring Mikha. It doesn't help when the older girl was already in college, far from their old school, while Mikha was still a senior.

Aiah kept dismissing her girlfriend's messages. Not even responding to the good morning or good afternoon texts. 

"Beh, ano kanina pa nag vivibrate yang phone mo. Di mo sasagutin?" Colet, her friend, said.

"Hayaan mo dyan." She said, not even glancing at her phone.

"Nag away kayo noh?" Colet leaned towards the table they were sitting in, smirking like she figured out what's wrong with Aiah.

The girl scoffed but didn't respond making Colet frown. 

"Akala ko santo ka, nagagalit ka rin pala."

Hearing that made Aiah speak, "Di ako galit okay." 

She sighed and said in a low voice, "Just disappointed."

"Sakanya?"

"Yes."

Colet shrugged and nodded in understanding. "Ilang taon na ba kayo?"