Who's Courting Who? (part 4)

Italics - Flashback

'Italics' - thoughts

-------

The girls were nearing the top of the Ferris wheel at the same time the sun was setting.

It was a beautiful hue of pink and orange. Like a warm embrace after a long but happy day, Aiah and Mikha both felt contented.

They stopped at the top then Mikha took a glance at Aiah. The latter was enjoying the scenery with a smile reaching her ears.

'Beautiful as the view. '

"Did you take a pic?" Mikha asked.

Aiah nodded eagerly, "Yes, picture din tayo!" She put out her phone and took a selfie of both of them.

She even stood up and sat beside Mikha as she takes a picture again.

After that Aiah stared at her phone still with a grin on her face. Mikha was just observing her, enjoying every moment with the girl.

"Thanks for inviting me Mikha, I had fun." Aiah said.

"Ako rin."

'I'm glad I invited you.' Mikha thought.

Mikha was boldly staring at her. Amazed at how Aiah looked so dashing, beautiful, lovely, and every pretty adjective there was in the world. Beauty was not enough to define her.

When Aiah looked back, she didn't avoid her gaze. Instead, Mikha's face brightened. She was smitten while the latter's eye smiled.

The day back to school was different from when they were together in the amusement park.

It was kind of disappointing for Aiah when she couldn't see the girl for a whole day in campus. Nor did she saw or talked to Mikha for about three days already.

Anxious, she thought maybe Mikha was avoiding her. 

'But what for?'

She was sulking on her way out of the campus after not seeing Mikha again.

There were a few students left in the campus since it was already late. Aiah's class also finished late so she was just leaving the school now.

Just then, she saw Gwen by the gate looking like she was talking to someone.

'Is she with Mikhs?' Aiah's face visibly shined at that thought. She was about to call out to her junior when the other person walked in front of Gwen.

'It is Mikha.'

"Wait lang Mikhs!" Aiah heard Gwen shouted. She was already nearing them and she purposely started walking faster to catch up.

Gwen was holding Mikha's elbow when Aiah decided to call, "Gwenny!"

Both girls turned towards Aiah. One was surprised and the other was smiling.

"Ate Aiah! You're here! Pauwi ka pa lang? Sabay na kayo ni Mikha." Gwen was grinning from ear to ear.

Mikha immediately elbowed her, glaring at Gwen.

Aiah was looking at Mikha and she noticed the butterfly keychain attached to the girl's bag. "Mikha," she smiled.

"Hi," Mikha looked away.

"Una na ako ah! Bye ingat kayo!" Gwen was in a hurry. She didn't even wait for Mikha's reply.

"Hoy, wait!- tsk kahit kailan talaga." Mikha whispered the last part.