Donating Memories

[ Aiah packed and donated Mikha's things alone. She already accepted that her ending isn't with Mikha.]

---

Aiah closed another box, sealing it with tape. 

On the top and on the sides, sealed with utmost care. She lifted it up on her arms then walked to the truck that's waiting for the next batch.

"Eto na po muna ang last kuya." She kindly smiled.

The workers closed the truck and went on their way to deliver the boxes. Aiah stood and looked as the silhouette of the car faded.

A sunny day it was, streaks of lights kissed Aiah's warm skin. Her surrounding was buzzing; she could see their neighbor talking to someone, laughing.

There were children down the street playing.

Some were grilling and selling barbecues and a few street food.

A normal day for them. 

Contrast to Aiah's.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Her alarm went off. Aiah grabbed her phone and saw a reminder, "See Mikha."

She turned it off as she looked up, noticing someone walking up on her.

"Aiahkins."

"Colet." She said. Her lips smiled. Her eyes wandered. "Of course you're here."

The girl raised an eyebrow, "Oo? Sabi mo nag eempake ka ngayon diba?"

She shrugged. "Kakatapos lang."

Colet nodded. 

"Seryoso ka na ba talaga? Hindi na talaga kita mapipigilan?"

Aiah ignored her and started grabbing her things. She looked around to see if she missed any.

"Aiah." Colet called out, following behind her.

"Wallet, car keys..." She mumbled her list.

"Aiah naman."

Still not giving any response, Aiah started walking towards her car.

"Hindi magugustuhan to ni Mikha. Alam mo yan."

It made Aiah stop from her tracks.

"At least...kung seryoso ka talaga, sabihin mo kay Mikha."

She held the car handle and said, "The sky is blue, the grass is green, and the sun is yellow."

"Why do you think the color of the heart is red?" Aiah took a side glance at her friend.

Colet furrowed her eyebrows, confused. She looked at Aiah with her face clearly asking the relevance of what the girl said.

With no reply, Aiah turned her body around to face Colet. "Exactly." She said.

"It is what it is."

She went inside the car, not waiting for an answer.

But as she started the engine, Colet followed suit and went in the passenger seat.

Aiah looked at her, both brows raised. "Excuse me?"

Colet grabbed the ceiling handle after buckling her seatbelt. "Tara, san ka ba pupunta?"

"Di ko alam."

"Hindi mo pupuntahan si Mikha?"

Aiah sighed then decided to start driving. "Not yet."

The car ride was silent. No radio, no music, and no talking.

Until Colet had enough quiet. 

"Hindi parin ako sangayon sa gagawin mo."

A's Lullabyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें