Green-Eyed Jealousy (part 1)

[ When Aiah got jealous with Mikha's new friend in college. ]

---

"Love?"

"Hmm?"

"How's school?"

"Good. Tambak nanaman ng school works, but getting by."

Mikha continued writing in her notebook as she slowly turned her head to Aiah. "You? How's school? Both of us are in college na can you believe it?"

She smiled at Mikha, "I know right, parang kelan lang ikaw tong masungit na junior sa senior high." Aiah let out a soft chuckle then sipped her matcha.

"Not masungit." Mikha rolled her eyes, "more like minding my own business."

"And cute." Aiah smirked.

"What's with you and your 'cute' compliments?" Mikha shook her head lightheartedly. 

"Because you are!"

"I'm not cute, I'm maangas." The girl had a smug look in her face that Aiah was now the one rolling her eyes and pushing Mikha's arms away. 

"Okayyy Mikha maangas Lim, whatever you say."

"By the way, don't wait for me tomorrow. May gagawin kaming project sa P.E nila kelsey."

Aiah nodded, "Sure Love. I'll see you the day after tomorrow then?"

"Yep."

The two continued what they were doing, Mikha on her notes while Aiah reading a book. 

They were in a coffee shop. Doing their mutual agreement of seeing each other after school to hangout.

Since college means having a busy life, they promised to make time for each other when they can.

The couple were in different colleges, but their schools are just minutes away from each other so it works.

Aiah also noticed how Mikha grown more beautiful. The latter was already pretty when they first met but as they grow a little bit older, Aiah saw how Mikha's face was more defined. It became more mature.

Mikha's getting prettier each day and each day Aiah falls. Literally, because one time when they met for a date, Aiah tripped while staring at her.

I'm down bad they say, and I agree. Aiah was proud to be Mikha's, so proud that she always shows off their photos and stories to her friends.

"Ano ba tong si Aiahkins araw araw na lang nangiinggit." Colet complained as she, Aiah, and Sheena walked side by side in their campus.

"Oonga si ate Aiah proud na proud sa gf nya, as she should." Sheena said while clinging her arm around Colet.

"Sorry na nga eh, ang cute cuteee niya lang kasi eh look oh!" Aiah grinned while shoving her phone on the two's faces.

"Oo na nakita na namin yan sa ig mo ilang beses na!' Colet exclaimed playfully and pushing Aiah's hands away.

Sheena laughed at them. "Alam ba ni Mikhs na pinicturan mo siya habang naka pout ng ganyan tas pinost mo sa ig?"

Aiah shook her head with a silly smile. "Of course, no. Aawayin niya ako pag nakita niya pero worth it."

"The world needs to see more of cutie mikha!" Aiah continued.

The two could only shake their heads and laugh at Aiah. Until Colet suddenly stopped walking while looking at her phone.

Aiah and Sheena stopped walking to look at Colet. 

"Bakit?" Sheena asked.

"Ah wala," Colet glanced at Aiah first before looking at her phone. "May nakita lang ako sa twitter, tinag si Mikha." She scratched her head and shrugged her shoulders, looking like it was nothing to be cared for.

"Oh?" Aiah said then immediately looked at her own twitter. "Bakit ano tinag?"

"Picture." Colet deadpanned.

"Picture?" Sheena clarified. "Ano meron sa picture?"

"Picture ni Mikha...na may caption na. Hi crush." Aiah said.

"Oh?" Sheena and Colet looked at each other.

"Patingin??? Sino nag tag??" The youngest of the three peeked at the Aiah's phone. "Kelsey? Classmate niya?"

"Aiah kins, selosa ka ba?" Colet blurted out. Hearing this, Sheena elbowed her while widening her eyes.

"Ano? Tinatanong ko lang, genuine question." Colet laughed.

"Hindi." Aiah said seriously. "Bat naman ako magseselos eh ako ung 'love'?"

"Ay yes! Palaban, girl boss! Slay!" Sheena said.

"Sige ah, wag mong kainin yan." Colet mumbled when she noticed how Aiah was staring too long at her phone.

The day after school, when they were supposed to meet and Aiah was supposed to pick Mikha up, the latter couldn't make it because something came up.

And that something was Kelsey. 

So she understands because it's another project and school works were important. Of course, she understands.

Then the next day, another day, then the weekends came. Until it was Monday again and the couple hadn't seen each other again, yet.

Every time Mikha would talk about her day in their chats, it was always kelsey this, kelsey that, 'me and kelsey did' this, and blah blah blah.

But no! No, she was not jealous. Colet could remove that teasing smirk on her face. Because Aiah Arceta was not a jealous lover. Never.

"Alam mo nakakahalata ako ng pattern eh." Aiah started to rant to Colet. As the two girls were passing time in the cafeteria.

"Pattern?" Colet looked at her confused.

"Oo, pattern sa movies and sa books. Like kapag may new girl sa isang romance story, matic may possibility na ung isang partner mag seselos."

"Like kapag tinag lang naman sa twt, a harmless twt let me emphasize that. Tas nag hahangout kasi they are friends," Aiah shrugged. "Reasonable. Ung isang partner magseselos na diba?"

Colet stared at Aiah with a are-you-serious? look. "Malala ka na."

Aiah frowned and dramatically flopped her head on the table.

"Huy ung ulo mo." Colet reprimanded.

"Ayoko na Colet! Nabubuang na ako, di na ako magpapanggap!"

Colet rolled her eyes playfully at her, "Tsk, tsk, tsk."

"Oo na nagseselos na ako!"

Her friend laughed out loud at her demise.

"Nagkaka crisis ako dito tas tatawanan mo lang ako?" Aiah glared at her.

"Para ka kasing timang."

Aiah groaned out loud, putting her arms around her head on the table.

"Asan na ung 'bat naman ako magseselos eh ako ang love' mo?"

"Stop teasing me. People change!"

Colet laughed even harder. "Sabhin mo na lang kay Mikha pag nagkita na ulit kayo. For sure tatawanan ka din non."

"Ha ha whatever."

But Aiah did Colet's advice. Her friend did made sense anyway. Better to communicate her feelings to Mikha, right?

------

Stream Strings MV! <3