After Saying Good Night

"Gising na si Mikha! Gising na si Mikhs, tawagin niyo sila ate Colet!" 

Gwen was shouting instructions at Sheena and Jhoanna who were panicking.

Sheena got clumsy making her phone fall on the floor while Jhoanna hurriedly went out calling Colet's name.

"Wait sino tatawagan ko?!" Sheena asked.

"Gwe...y?" 

Gwen grabbed Mikha's hands and leaned closer to hear her. "Mikhs, nandito ako. Ano kailangan mo?"

Mikha started mumbling words but Gwen couldn't hear it. Sheena went closer to them as well.

"Ano yon? Gusto mo tubig? Shee kuha ka tubig!" 

"Wait, wait eto na." Sheena quickly grabbed a bottle of water.

The girl on the bed shook her head. 

Then her voice got a little bit louder, "Aiah."

Both girls froze on their spot. Sheena was still pouring water from the bottle to a glass. Gwen stared at Mikha, she doesn't know what to do.

All they could hear was the heart rate monitor beeping normally, echoing around the room. 

Then a splash of water streaming on the floor. Gwen turned to the youngest.

"Shee! Yung tubig, tumutulo!"

"Ay!" Sheena immediately stopped pouring and put the glass on the table.

Gwen bit her lip when she found an excuse not to answer the inevitable. She stood up straight and was about to help Sheena wipe the floor but Mikha got a hold of her hand.

"Gwenny...where's Aiah?"

"Uhh." Gwen uttered to herself.

Just in time, the door opened revealing a doctor and the other girls behind him.

The doctor went straight in and immediately checked on Mikha. 

"Ms. Lim, I'm so glad that you're awake. The operation was successful." 

Mikha looked at the doctor, frowning. 'Operation? I felt like I was dying. I could feel my heart stop, literally.'

"Just to make sure that you're really okay, I'll let you stay here for a few more days to monitor you and then you can finally live without worrying about your heart." The doctor smiled, he nodded his head to Mikha and the girls.

"I'll get going," He turned around, wondering who to shake hands with.

Colet stepped up and said, "Thank you po Doc." She reached out her hand for a shake.

"Much appreciation for your friend. That was a brave thing to do." He sadly said and went out.

'Huh? Sinong friend? Where's Aiah?'

"Nasan si Aiah?" Mikha asked again as she lifted herself up to sit and lean on the bed frame.

"Mikhs! Okay ka na talaga? Wala kang nararamdaman ng kung ano?" Maloi dumped her with questions hoping that Mikha would forget her own question.

"Oo nga Mikha, buti na lang gising ka na, alalang alala kami sayo." Jhoanna added.

Sheena went close to her and gave Mikha a hug. "Glad you're awake, Mikhs."

"Girls." Mikha tapped Sheena's back and lets go of the hug, "Si Aiah?"

All of them went quiet and looked at each other. Waiting for someone to answer Mikha.

Colet sighed when the silence went on further.

"Mikhs..."

Mikha turned to her, "Bakit ba natatahimik, nasan ba si Aiah?"