HOPE

He clutches his silky duvet in his fist. Heart still racing like pushapka vimana, he sits up in his golden palank. Some dasi has already been to his room and opened the curtains. Soft sunrays of early morning are falling on his sweat soaked body which is already being cooled down by calming breeze entering his kaksh through open windows...... sweat not of heated summer night but of horror..... of fear....... of losing....losing everything he holds dear.

He stands up. Foregoing sandaals near his feet , he moves towards the pitcher in the corner of his room.His tongue feels like dry wood.After emptying the whole pitcher into his throat and some over his face and body,he feels more of his senses returning. He can now hear chants from palace temple and the ringing of bells signifying start of nitya pujan.Along with the fragnace of fresh flowers plucked by queen mother herself for offerings to Mahadev and Devi Shakti , aroma of ghee made ladoos prepared by his darling wife are wafting through his nose.

NIGHTMARE!!!......Yes.... nothing but a nightmare he was having last night. Suyodhan left a sigh of relief. He sent a silent thanks to the GOD as this dream could easily have been turned into a prenomition if he has not heard what he did.The truth ....TRUTH that prompted into such a contradictory decision from his usual choices.OH GOD! this nightmare could have been his future.May be it still is .....in some other universe... in some  other Suyodhan's life. A Suyodhan who is bull-headed and  feels lonely  and  is unable to recognise the gifts he is showered with.....that is trust of his loved ones he has gained throughout his life.

Some invisible yearning carried his feet towards his balcony. A glimpse downstairs aaanddd just...just like that,the whole incident that is last night's debacle vanishes instantly. Peering into the empty yard below  sight  that greets Yuvraaj , warms tortured soul and sooths his battered mind. In the middle of Yuvraani Bhanu's personal garden, Vasu is chatting with Kumara...his joy and pride.Probably end of one of their trainning sessions. Their laughter felt like mother earth's blessings to his ears. But the next scene brought a sweet smile to even a strong and serious face like Duryodhana.......

Vrishaketu.....mitra's youngest who has been sitting in the sand nearby happily playing with wooden bows and arrows , is toddling towards Vasu. Vasu who is busy hugging Kumara and neither of them giving attention to the little cutie nearby which is probably prompting the child to make his presence known to the people around him.Completely unaware of the fact that his first steps are a huge landmark in his life and he is about to surprise his father with a wonderful gift, Ketu reaches his fathers knees .The joy he sees in his friend's eyes is something he will always cherish in his entire life. Vasu picks up the adorable baby whose immediate reaction is to leave the bows and arrows and put his fist into his mouth . It is usually a sign of Ketu filling shy which is very obvious in the face of the heaps of praises being showered on him by his father and brother. He flungs his chubby little hand towards Kumara and opens and closes his fist repeatedly signalling his wish to go to his favourite brother.It has always struck very odd to Dury. Despite  being blessed by so many siblings of his own, Ketu always seems to favour Kumara the most.But now he knows ...he knows what draws Ketu to Kumara. It is pull....pull of blood that ties them together.He knows because it is the same pull he feels towards his mitra.... has always felt......since..... since the first day of RANGBHOOMI.............