SISTER-IN-LAW

(Note : Whatever laws or cultures are mentioned here are written for the sake of the story-line. Whatever similarity it has or does not have with reality, is completely coincidental)

Suyodhan is about to reach his destination but his heartbeat is yet out of control. Why would it not be as he has just understood his chotima nearly killed his mitra. 

He reaches his destination where two woman could be seen standing awaiting him with smiles in their faces. He knows now one of them has a sadistic streak hidden behind their smile .His mind argues  this is the same woman who has cared for you in a way your own mother cannot. She has looked upon you and called you beautiful,played hide and seek with you,fed you. She is the one he used to share all his guilt and misgivings with. A incident has crossed his mind, - when Bhima has gone for more than a prahar , he went to chotima and confessed his sin despite Mamashree's numerous warnings about keeping silence.  He  expected chotima to blame him, beat him but she said nothing except-

Me forgiving you is not important, MY CHILD;

said she with him sitting on her lap and her eyes towards the windows deep in some thought

- Question is whether you will be able to forgive yourself for this, can you? This guilt is going to punish you enough that I do not need to push more on you.

He could not answer that day but he does know now. Every time he commits something heinous, his moral conduct hurts him a way beyond his imagination. Each wrongdoings he committed, makes him a perpetrator at least in his own eyes. And there is nothing worse that that.

- Suyo , my darling, how long you are going to keep staring at us?

- Sorry, Mata. My thoughts seems to run away.

Suyo touches Devi Gandhari's feet to seek blessings who embraces her son .

Now will be the time for him to touch his chotima's feet but how could he after the revelation he had? Before his tumultuous mind can decide for him-

- Suyo, are you not going to......

Devi Kunti embraces him in her arms and to his embarrassment, Suyo melts into her. And why would not he , his chotima's embrace has the same solace as her eldest's who he loves so much.

- Didi, he does not need to touch my feet for he belongs in my heart.

- Hmm, I know sister.

Their conversation breaks Suyo's trance. He , for a moment, considers strangling his chotima but refrains with a great effort and then reluctantly disengages from Devi Kunti's embrace.

- Let us, Mother. I am sure you both need rest after a long journey.

Three of them moves to the chariot and Suyo starts driving.

The inner turbulence of Prince's mind , unbeknownst to himself, has started to reflect in the speed of the chariot. 

- Putra,we are not in that hurry. Please slow down , putra.

Suyo's eyes fall on the hands near his shoulder tightly holding onto the chariot due to fear of falling down. A sadistic smile crosses his face and he increases his speed more totally forgetting the same chariot is also containing his loving mother. 

Devi Kunti's  palm gets abraded due to the strong grip and starts bleeding . Blood seeps onto the chariot. At once Suyo's eyes loss all cruelty. He stops the chariot. 

Devi kunti lifts her palm from the place she has been holding tightly and they are bleeding. But to Suyodhan , he is not seeing choti ma's hand , he is seeing his mitra's hands. Hands that feed,care ,protect and embrace him. His heart hurts. How can he extract revenge from a person whose mere drop of blood reminds him of his Karn?