STARVED

(Anga, Royal dinning hall)

Vasu starts the dinner with feeding the first morsel to his wife.... a gesture signifying homage to devi lakshmi for providing food and also acknowledging the importance a woman has in their family....... a position of fortune and wealth.

Truly his mitr appoints some unique customs in his house....which to him seems mesmerizing but very necessary for today's society.

Foods start to arrive like a never ending procession......

- What happpened little prince.... I thought you came here to enjoy my cooking.... but here you are sitting in front of food and pondering God knows what.

Complains his bhabishree.

- Vrushu di...these are all good.... but...but

- But?

- will certainly taste better from your hands. 

Suyo pouts.

- Little  Prince....really?

Vrushali smiles a little but does not say anything seeing his husband's pleading face. Oh..well.. if her Vasu has already adopted this man-child ...

- WHat....Vrushu di you will realllly leave me half-fed?

- If you have not forgotten already.... I have to take care of an actual baby.

Speaking of Ketu, ...... the toddler is happily stuffing his mouth with food..... half of which remains in his hands... and ...and the other half... that is all over his clothes .... and on his face......

- Then?

Suyo says sadly.

- THEN .... Rest ......your mitr will feed you.

Vrushali moves towards andarmahal with Ketu in her cradle.

................................................................................................................................................................

( First  Night, Anga)

Entering the room..... Karn's warrior's intuition warns him instantly..... somebody was .... corrrection .....is in his room. By his... he means the place he reserves for work and often is found by others sleeping over paperworks. So his wife kindly arranged a bed there. 

Speaking of bed , there's a strange noise coming from said bed.

OHH.....OHHHHHHH.......

A very common sight greets him-

Suyo is snoring happily snagging all the pillows in the bed.... his sleeping body has taken over the whole bed.... AND....AAAAAND He also has managed to steal Vasu's favourite night-clothes. How exactly he guesses everytime about his favourite apparel... Vasu would never know.

Karn shakes his head  and forcefully moves his friend to one side with practised ease. He lights the lamp on his bedside and sits with mountain of paperwork.... work he disregarded during his visit to Hastinapur. So as to not disturb his Mitr's sleep... he covers the lamp with his body shielding Suyo's face.

Some moments later someone manages to grab his one hand. He observes with mirth ..... Suyo has sleepily tugged his hand in his . Keeping his head over Vasu's open palm and holding his wrist in two hands..... Suyo continues his slumber.

This is gesture is so similar to Ketu that the innocence also brings a gentle smile to Vasu's face. His father's  heart calls to soothe this kid.... his mitr has been starved for affection since his birth.

Putting his work aside, he starts stroking his mitr's head and humming .

Most of the time Vasu does not understand this yearning...... this love and care.... always this urgency to look after his mitr... as if ... as if this is not just a bond of friendship.... some thing much more.... something familial.....

Sometime later the eldest also falls asleep.