2

MY PENCIL MOVES against my paper as I struggle to keep up with the math notes that my teacher, Ms

MY PENCIL MOVES against my paper as I struggle to keep up with the math notes that my teacher, Ms. Crivello was presenting on the screen. There were a lot of notes to write down in fifteen seconds.

Ms. Crivello looks over at the clock before turning off her notes presentation. "I hope everybody got those copied down because you will be allowed to use these on the test. We only have a few minutes left, so talk amongst yourselves."

I exhale, slumping back into my chair and placing my pencil down and shaking my hand. When I write really fast, my hand starts to cramp and it hurts so fucking bad. I turn in my seat to look over at Gina who sat right next to me. The only thing I liked about this godforsaken math class was the seating arrangement.

"Has Lily said anything to you yet?" Gina asks, looking over at Lily who sat at the other end of the classroom before looking back at me.

I shake my head, "Nope. I'm sure I'll hear it from her soon, though. Let's take a bet. What do you think she's going to bitch about this time?"

"It'll definitely be about the game last night and how you were the star last night, not her. She's going to find something snarky to say about how the shot you took had no skill involved." Gina predicts, a playful smile on her face.

"She's probably going to complain about it at Slices, too. Maybe just not as much because she remembers what happened the last time she tried to tear me down in front of Coach Jenn." I whisper that last part, earning a laugh from Gina. Last year, Jenn benched Lily for half of the final game for being rude. Lily hasn't tried anything in front of Jenn or the other girls since then.

"Hey, can you send me a picture of your notes later tonight?" I request, "I don't think I copied everything down."

Gina nods her head before handing me her notebook, "You can copy some of it down now."

"Thanks, Gi." I smile, grabbing the notebook from her and opening up her notes page. I place it next to my notebook and begin to copy down the notes I didn't get, when a bottle of perfume is slammed onto my notebook.

I furrow my eyebrows and look up, only to see Lily standing there with her arms crossed. "You left that in the locker room last night." She states as I break eye contact to look down at the perfume she had oh-so-graciously slammed on my desk. That perfume is definitely not mine.

"Oh, wait!" Lily remarks, taking the perfume back. "It couldn't have been yours, duh! You obviously don't have any knowledge of perfume or showers, considering you smell like basketball sweat all the time."

I raise my eyebrows, trying so hard to stifle my laughter. "Damn, Lily. You really got me there." I sarcastically reply, hoping that if I feed it's ego, it'll go away.

"Lily, that sounded like something a fucking six-year-old would say. It's no shame, though! Some people just never grow up, do they?" Gina joins, and at this point I couldn't hold in my laughter anymore.