8

I STEP OUT of Gina's car, shutting the door as we walk towards the front door of her house

I STEP OUT of Gina's car, shutting the door as we walk towards the front door of her house. "He drives me crazy, Gina! I didn't do shit to him and he treats me as if I'm his worst enemy or something!"

Gina unlocks her front door and we walk inside. "Nini, if you dislike him that much then why did you invite him to the party?"

"Ej made us do a compromise or whatever. Apparently I annoy him so badly that the only way he would agree to the compromise is if I left him alone at the party. I don't think I'm going to do that. I mean, the only reason I want him at the party is so I could talk to him and try to get on is good side so he won't be so fucking rude. I'm questioning if getting on his good side is really worth it, though." I tell her, lifting myself up and sitting on her kitchen counter while she goes into the fridge.

She grabs out two apples from her fridge and washes one before handing it to me. "I have no idea what to tell you. Maybe you should leave him alone, hang out with Jack or something."

"I'm still mad at Jack." I reply, taking a bite of the apple. "I probably will be for a while."

Gina sighs, "Enough about boys. Help me set up for the party!" She requests, leading me into her basement. She opens up a closet in her basement that has a bunch of lights and speakers in them. "By any chance, do you know how to set up a sound system?"

I shake my head, "How do you even have this?"

"My dad used to be a DJ. I have no idea how to set it up, though." She answers, looking at me with a hopeful expression. "Do you know how?"

"Not at all. Luckily, the party doesn't start until eight so we have lots of time to figure it out!" I exclaim, patting her shoulder before walking back up the stairs and into her kitchen. I go into her pantry and pull out a bunch of red solo cups, placing them on the counter before going into her fridge. I pull out some sodas and place them next to the cups. A moment later, Gina comes walking up the stairs with part of the sound system in her hands.

She sets down the sound system so her hands are free and looks at the sodas before looking at me with a confused expression on her face. "Where's the good shit?"

I raise my eyebrows, "Gina, are you crazy? Are you talking about beer?"

"No, Nini I'm talking about chocolate milk. Duh, I'm talking about beer! My parents have a really good stash of it somewhere." She informs, but I feel incredibly confused.

"Um, aren't we underage?" I question as she rummages through her fridge.

"Yeah, but if we're going to out-party Lily then there has to be some alcohol. You don't have to drink it if you don't want to." She tells me, continuing to look through her fridge.

"Couldn't we get kicked off the basketball team for this?"

"Nobody's going to find out. Seriously, Neen. You don't have to if you don't want to." She tells me with a smile on her face as she pulls out a couple packs of beer and places them on the counter.