42

I DIDN'T TALK to Ricky for the rest of that day

I DIDN'T TALK to Ricky for the rest of that day. I felt really bad, since he had a black eye and I felt like I should've been taking care of him, but I just couldn't see him without feeling... awkward.

I haven't stopped thinking about what happened yesterday. Why did he do that? I actually think I'm mad at him! What made him think he had the right to do that to me? Now I'm all confused, and I can't stop thinking about it, and it's making me see him in a different light.

The thing that's confusing me the most, is how hard it was for me to stop it. If I didn't get up, he would've kissed me. I think I wanted him to.

I seriously don't know what came over me. I should've pushed him off the moment he started getting close to me, because what we were about to do— it was wrong. Now he's got me all confused and scared to see him. I have to see him, though. There's school today.

I'll just act like nothing happened. He was drunk, so he might not remember. I think he told me once that he remembers everything that happens when he's drunk, but maybe he won't remember this one since he was like, blackout drunk. He must've been extremely drunk if he tried to kiss me. He hates me.

I also need to talk to him anyways. Now that he's sober, hopefully he'll tell me what happened that gave him such a bad black eye. I'm so confused. Something really bad must've happened if it drove him to drink that much, break a plate, and have a terrible black eye.

I only have 3 days left, including today, until the day that Ricky is supposed to die. I'm really stressed. I have no idea what I'm gonna do, but I have to be awake the entire day and watch him for the whole day. That sounds creepy, but whatever. I'll do whatever it takes.

It was then when I realized I had been sitting in my car for like, 5 minutes, just thinking about Ricky. I need to get in the school.

I unbuckle my seatbelt and turn my car off, grabbing my backpack from the passenger seat before exiting the car and into the cold air. I don't know why I thought wearing a t-shirt in 45-degree weather was a smart choice, but whatever.

I hate Mondays. There's something in the air on Monday's that literally gives me a headache, so as soon as I step foot into the school, I instantly get a headache. I hate school. I want to square up with the person who invented school.

I maneuver my way around the crowd of people in the halls, trying to get to my locker. Nothing annoys me more than the bitches who decide it's a good idea to clump in the middle of the hallway. They're lucky I can't touch people otherwise I would shove them.

I finally make it past the swarm of kids and into the hallway with my locker. I walk a little further down the hallway, until I nearly drop my phone from my hands due to my body coming to a full stop when I see someone standing in front of my locker.

It's Ricky. Of course it is. I really can't escape him, can I?

He was leaning against my locker on his phone with the hood of his hoodie over his head. I can only identify him by the curly brown locks of hair I see sticking out from his hood and his converse that he always wears.