35

SO FAR, SCHOOL has been literal hell

SO FAR, SCHOOL has been literal hell. Walking in with a boy who the rest of the school thinks you hate and wearing his clothes with no makeup on doesn't exactly look innocent, so I've been teased like hell over it today.

Especially by little miss bitch, Lily. I've heard a bunch of snarky remarks from her today. My personal favourite being, "What kind of noises did you make when you slept with loner boy?"

It hasn't been fun having to explain to countless people that I didn't sleep with Ricky. I knew this was going to happen. I wonder if Ricky's receiving any of the same questions that I am.

Finally, after what had felt like hours, the bell rings for lunch. I burst out of my seat, grabbing my books and heading to my locker. I try my hardest to ignore the many strange up-and-down looks I was receiving.

I approach my locker, seeing Ricky leaning on the locker next to mine. I roll my eyes and begin to put in my code. "Looks like we're the talk of the town today, huh?" Ricky states. I don't have to be looking at him to know he was smiling.

"Has it been hell for you today, too?" I ask, opening my locker and switching out my books. Ricky chuckles, which makes me mad. Why is this funny to him?

"I've had people I've never even talked to before ask me what position we were in." When Ricky says this, my eyes widen so much it felt like they were going to pop out of their socket.

Isn't high school just a gem?

I lean forward and rest my head on the top shelf of my locker. If I could get in my locker and hide there for the rest of the day, I definitely would. This shit sucks. I hate having rumours spread about me, especially when Lily causes them.

"Hey, don't get that upset over it." Ricky playfully nudges my shoulder a bit. "We know the truth, that's all that matters."

I lift my head up from my locker and slam it shut, walking away from my locker with Ricky walking next to me. "Maybe it isn't the greatest idea for us to walk in the hallways together considering there's literally sex rumours flying around about us right now." I suggest.

"Pfft," Ricky laughs. "I couldn't give two craps about the rumours. Those horny fucks can think whatever they want to think."

I laugh a bit at his profanity, continuing to walk into the lunchroom. As soon as we walked in, I definitely noticed some of the stares directed towards me and Ricky. "If you need me to punch someone, just let me know." Ricky whispers into my ear, making me laugh.

We take our seats next to each other at our table with Gina and Ej. They were already there when we got there. I used to have a class with Gina, but she got switched out of it because she's like advanced or whatever. It sucks.

"Fun night?" Ej wonders, raising a suggestive eyebrow. I roll my eyes, looking over at Ricky to see him laughing. Well, I'm glad someone's finding humour in this situation.