34

MY EYES OPEN due to an alarm

MY EYES OPEN due to an alarm. I groan, rubbing my eyes with my hand before finally opening them. I quickly remember I was in Ricky's room.

Last night felt like a fever dream. So much happened yesterday, it's hard to keep track. For starters, I told Ricky the truth about me. How I can see when people die. After that, I got chased and nearly kidnapped by one of Benjamin's men. Then I came back to Ricky's house and he told me he would quit doing drugs.

I also ran into what might've been the serial killer that killed Jack. Yesterday was very eventful. It's crazy that all of those things happened in just one day.

And now, it was Friday and time to get ready for school. I also have to face the wrath of my mother today. She's not gonna be happy that I spent the night at a boys house without telling her. God, she's gonna be pissed. I'm honestly surprised she hasn't been blowing up my phone with texts and calls.

I roll over on my side to face Ricky, seeing him still asleep. I guess he must have a habit of sleeping through alarms. I reach my arm out to touch his shoulder, shaking him a bit. "Wake up, Ricky." I whisper.

I see him squirm a little before eventually opening his eyes. The sunlight coming through his windows fell perfectly on him, lighting up his face, more specifically, his eyes.

His brown eyes glow in a peculiar way in the sunlight. The usual dark shade of chocolate brown turns into a light amber. It couldn't have been more beautiful.

Being lost is usually a feeling that causes fright, panic and stress. When people are lost, they rely on anything to find a way back home. However, when you find yourself lost in someone's eyes, it's a different kind of lost.

It's the kind of lost that makes you feel butterflies. The kind of lost that makes you forget all your problems. The kind of lost that makes you never want to be found.

I find myself feeling that way a lot when I stare into Ricky's eyes, however today that feeling was heightened. The sunlight was making his eyes so unbelievably alluring.

He smiles a bit before closing his eyes and rolling over. "Stop looking at me like that." He grumbles, pulling up the blankets to cover more of him.

"Get up, you lazy bum. We have school." I sit upright in his bed and stretch. To be fair, his bed was actually extremely comfy. "And turn your alarm off, it's bothering me." I refer to the fact that the alarm on his phone was still blaring.

It then occurs to me that I have nothing to wear. I wasn't expecting to spend the night. What the hell am I supposed to do? I don't have any clothes besides the outfit I wore yesterday.

"Ricky, I have nothing to wear." I mumble. He still refuses to turn back over. It looked as if he was going to fall back asleep.

"Go grab a sweatshirt and some sweatpants or something from my dresser. No one will notice." He replies. I sigh, taking it into my own hands to grab his shoulder and push so that he was laying on his back instead of on his side, away from me.