26

THE REST OF the weekend flew by like it usually does

THE REST OF the weekend flew by like it usually does. It didn't really matter for me, though. I don't have school until Wednesday.

When I got home from the hospital, my mom insisted we eat dinner together that night. I usually eat dinner in my bedroom, but she said it was because she felt we were 'divided'. Her words, not mine. Either way, I'm not sure how a dinner would fix our divided state.

It didn't. The dinner was very awkward, and very few words were spoken throughout the entire thirty minutes we were sitting at the table. I didn't eat very much. I had a couple pieces of bread and a small bowl of soup. I still haven't brought myself to eat a full meal.

That was yesterday. Currently I'm lying in my bed trying to fall back asleep. I don't understand people that wake up in the morning feeling all refreshed. When I wake up in the morning, my eyes are so heavy and I'm so tired. I'm jealous of morning people.

Suddenly a thought pops into my head that makes my eyes fly open. 15 days. That's the amount of time I had left to save Ricky. That's only a day over two weeks. 15 days, wow. Time went by so fast. I wish time would slow down.

If I lose Jack, my mom, and Ricky all in one year, I'm going to lose my mind. I don't think I'll ever be the same. I just wish people would stop dying. That sounds really selfish, but whatever. I literally can't deal with anymore grief. At this point you'd think someone dying is part of my everyday routine.

I don't even know how I'm going to save him. I don't think me being his friend is enough to make him not want to kill himself. I have no idea what to do, and it's stressing me out so much. I can't just let him die. I'll figure something out.

I get out of bed, stretching once my feet make contact with the floor. I walk over to my window and open my curtains, squinting when the sunlight seeps into my room. Novembers in Utah are usually pretty dry, meaning it barely ever rains. It's also usually pretty cold. I hate living in Utah.

I step away from my window and grab my phone off my nightstand, seeing a text from Gina. Her text read, "Wanna go out with me, Ej and Ricky?"

I sigh, wanting to say yes but there's no way my mom will let me. I begin to text back, "I can't. I'm grounded."

Once I'm finished sending my reply, I place my phone in the pocket of the pants I slept in and go downstairs. My mom was in the kitchen, making what smelled like french toast. "Goodmorning." I greet, causing her to whip her head towards me.

"Morning." She replies, looking away from me and back at the french toast she was cooking. I think she's still mad at me for the whole missing thing.

"Gina wants to know if I can hang out today." I tell her, prepared to hear her say no. There's no harm in asking, though.

"You're grounded." Yeah, that's the response I was expecting. It feels like I'm on house arrest or something. Might as well stick on an ankle bracelet to really seal the deal. I hate this.