11

MY MOM PULLS up to the front of the school, "Well, go on

MY MOM PULLS up to the front of the school, "Well, go on. I'm going to watch you walk all the way from this car to those doors."

I roll my eyes, unbuckling my seatbelt. "This is so ridiculous. I don't need a babysitter!" I shout, turning my head to glare at my mother.

"Yes, you do! I can't trust you to drive yourself places anymore. Also, you have basketball practice after school today." She informs, even though I already knew that.

"Yeah, I know. Can I get out of the car now?" I ask, placing my hand on the door handle.

"I'm going to call Jenn after school just to make sure you actually show up at practice." She decides. This is so unbelievably stupid.

"Great." I sarcastically reply, slinging my backpack over one shoulder as I get out of the car. Before I close the door, I hear her tell me that she loves me, but I don't say it back. I'm so pissed at her right now. She grounded me from driving myself places for two weeks.

I still can't get this damned wristband off. I tried for like an hour last night to get it off, but it literally will not budge. If I get shocked one more damn time this whole town is going to feel my wrath.

It was rainy today, so I pulled the hood of my sweatshirt over my head as I walked up to the front doors of my school. I turn my head over my shoulder and sure enough, mother dearest was still there watching me walk in. This is literally social suicide.

I pull my hood down once I enter the school. I walk over to my locker and begin to put in my combination, only to mess up when I feel someone hug me from behind. "Nini!" Gina's voice shouts from behind me.

I laugh a bit before pulling away from Gina's hug because she was going to suffocate me if she held on any longer. I turn around to face her, only she looked extremely tired. "Gina, are you okay? You look really exhausted."

"I got no sleep last night." She blurts, "I was up all night because I wasn't able to sleep without knowing if you were okay or not. Your mom texted my mom that you never came home last night, and I literally looked everywhere for you! I was so scared, Nini. That's not like you to just disappear without telling anyone."

I sigh, feeling really guilty for making her so nervous. "I'm sorry, Gina. I just needed to get away and be alone for a minute." I tell her, only to see her eyes drop from mine to my wristband.

"That's unique. Where'd you get this?" She asks. I pull my wrist away immediately, not wanting it to hurt her.

She looks skeptical, "Why won't you let me see it?"

"Uh-" I try to think of an excuse, "Dana made it for me. It's very special to me so I just don't want anything to happen to it."

"Hm." She hums, letting it go. "I'm just glad that you're okay. You'll be at practice later today, right?"