15

TIME HAS BEEN going by abnormally slow

TIME HAS BEEN going by abnormally slow. Five minutes feels like five hours, and it doesn't help that I have no motivation to do anything to make time go by faster. All I feel like doing is laying in my bed, since I feel guilty if I do anything else.

Everything reminds me of Jack. The smallest things bring back memories. I literally started crying looking at a chair because it reminded me of how Jack always used to sit in chairs so weirdly. His favorite type of chair was a spinney-chair.

"Are you sober yet? I really need to get back home before my parents notice I left. They have me under house arrest since they're scared something is going to happen to me with a murderer on the loose." Gina wonders, bringing me a glass of water that she had to refill about twenty times by now.

I sigh, taking a sip of the water. "Pretty much." I reply, leaning back into the couch. "I'm still a little out of it, but nothing like before."

"Good. Do you remember what you did with Ricky? You should, since it was only a couple hours ago that he was here." She wonders, sitting next to me on the couch.

I nod my head, "I remember most of it. We were just talking about Jack, I think."

"Okay. Speaking of," She starts, and I groan since I know what she's going to start talking about. "Obviously you're not handling this situation that well since you resorted to drinking. Are you okay?" She asks.

"Yes." I nod, "I've got it under control. I just got a little thirsty and happened to end up drinking alcohol. It won't happen again."

"Okay. Just know you can always talk to me about anything. I know how hard this must be for you, and I didn't know him like you did so I know I can't relate, but I can help you recover."

I shake my head and get up from the couch, walking into my kitchen as she follows me. "No you can't, Gina." I mumble under my breath, not sure if she heard it or not.

Gina clears her throat, trying to make the silence a little less awkward. "So, do you still hate Ricky or are you guys friends?"

I shake my head and roll my eyes, "The last thing I want right now is to talk about Ricky. You should leave, Gina. My mom is going to be back soon."

"Okay. I'll call you when I get home?" She suggests, grabbing her car keys out of the pocket of her sweatshirt.

"Don't." I refuse, "I don't want to talk over the phone today. All I want is to take a nap, Gina. I don't need you to annoy me anymore than you already have."

"What the hell is with your attitude?" She questions, placing her hands on her waist. "Are you on your period?"

I give her a side-eyed glare, "Gina, leave. You're really getting on my nerves right now and if I wanted to feel worse about myself, I'd just call Ricky."

Gina scoffs, her eyes filling with hurt. "God, I'll see you at school." She mutters, turning around and heading towards the door of my house to leave.

I may have been harsh, but honestly, I could care less right now. My best friend just died and I tripped over his rotting corpse right after I chose other people over him right in front of him. I'm the reason my best friend is dead so sue me for being slightly moody.