10

AFTER MY HALLWAY conversation with Ricky, I finished lunch and now I was on my way to my next period

AFTER MY HALLWAY conversation with Ricky, I finished lunch and now I was on my way to my next period. I still had my massive headache, so I figured it wasn't going to go away until tomorrow.

I put in the combination for my locker and open it up, swapping out the books I had with the ones I needed for my next period. I look at my reflection in the mirror I had in my locker, only to grow frightened when I see that my eyes were beginning to bleed. I suddenly have no strength to keep them open anymore and they slam shut. As soon as my eyes close, I see flashes of something. It was hard to make out, but it looked like some sort of vehicle with traces of purple on it. As soon as these flashes start, it's like my headache intensifies.

I finally find the strength to open my eyes, and once I do my headache goes back to what it's been all day. I wipe my eye as if I was wiping away tears, only for my hand to come back with blood on it. At least I know I wasn't seeing things and my eyes were actually bleeding. This has never happened to me before; I'm used to only seeing people dying. This morning I saw a number, and now I saw an actual vehicle. Did something happen to me at the party? It's hard to know when I can't remember much from last night. I only know what Ricky told me.

Suddenly, I feel a shock coming from my wrist. I wince out of the sudden painful jolt, looking down at my wrist only to feel confused when I see a white wristband with a small purple R on it. I've never seen this wristband before, so it was definitely not mine. Has this been on me the whole day? How did this even get on my body and why is it shocking me?

I guess I was too caught up in my thoughts to keep track of time, because before I knew it the bell rang which meant I was late for the second time today. I groan and rest my forehead on the top shelf of my locker. "Goddamnit," I whisper before slamming my locker shut and running to my next class.

I feel another shock coming from the wristband, causing me to stop running for a moment and shake a bit due to the shock. This one hurt more than the last one. I turn my wrist over to look at the back of the wristband, furrowing my eyebrows when I see my initials N.S.R written in dark purple on the back. I did not put this on myself, so someone had to put it on me at the party or something. I try to slide it off, but it's no use. It was heavy as hell; I'm surprised I never noticed it before now.

I decide to let it go, considering I was literally late for class. I finish running to my classroom and bursting through the door. My teacher was in the middle of talking, so everyone turned their heads to look at me just like this morning. I look at the clock which read 1:20. This class started at 1:18.

"Nini! So glad you decided to join us. Do you have a pass?" My English teacher asks, raising her eyebrows. I look at my classmates, suddenly feeling on the spot.

"Uh, no. Sorry, my locker was jammed." I stammer, hoping she believes my lie.

"Take a seat and join the discussion, please." She instructs. I nod my head and make my way to my desk, sliding down in my chair still feeling confused about the wristband. I was also confused about the number I saw this morning, what does 129 even mean? And why were my eyes bleeding? How am I seeing things I don't normally see? I could've at least gotten a cuter wristband.