4

Xiao Zhan ran up to his room and slammed the door closed. He is so mad that he almost breaks down the door and of course, he cares less. Why him? Why must he marry his sister's husband for the sake of a scornful tradition he knew nothing about? Was it his shortcoming that she had to die? It was true he didn't pick up his calls when they were calling him, but, that doesn't mean he did it purposely? He adored his sister and could never wish for her death and would never pray for such a quandary to befall his sister. So, why must he marry her husband just to justify what they kept accusing him of? Why? Why must he do that?.

It wasn't his fault his sister died, right? What about what he wants? What about his happiness? Have they thought about that before finalizing everything? What about his love? His man? His life and most of them all, what about what he wants and whom he wants to be with? They should have thought about that before dragging him into such a servitude they want to call marriage. 

God, he will never certify that, no matter how much they propelled and compelled him, he will never leave his Bright for someone who doesn't even love him. Someone who wouldn't even acknowledge him, someone who will take him as nothing but a babysitter. Someone as boring as Mr. Wang Yibo, who doesn't know what a young boy like him wants. Someone who will not show him love but that cold shoulder and that expressionless face of his that scare the shit out of him. 

God, are they even thinking? They got to be kidding him. Have they forgotten he was responsible for this man's wife's death just as they all accused him? Of course, he will make his life miserable if he marries him, Never! He will never marry him. Even if this earth breaks loose, he won't marry him. They will slay him first before he will be called his wife- these are all Xiao Zhan thought to himself while crying in grief inside his room. He just couldn't believe this! God, this is unacceptable.

His door opened and his mother walked inside, she closed his room and didn't even mind her son's tears and walked towards his wardrobe, brought out one of his luggage and started filling it with Xiao Zhan's clothes. Xiao Zhan speculated she was fooling him, he never knew she meant what he said by forcing his sister's husband on him. His eyes widened, looking at his mother, unbelievable.

He couldn't hold it in anymore as he hastily leapt to his feet and hurried to his mother who was about to put another cloth inside the luggage. He held her hand and halted her from going further, he cried, "Mother, please, you can do this to me. You just can't do this to me. Mother, what about me? What about what I want? I love Bright please, don't push me toward my sister's husband. I don't want to marry him. God, I can't marry him, mother, please."

His mother looked at her crying son and led him to his bed and sat him down. She held his hand and smiled, "Zhan, you can't change the tradition and that was the truth." She sighed and brushed the tears pooling out on her son's face. "Let me share a secret with you. I wasn't your father's first wife, I am his second. I married my sister's husband." 

She looked at his reactions full of surprise and disdainful stares and continued, "Yes. Your father married my elder sister who couldn't give birth to a child for your father. She died when I gave birth to your late sister. Could you believe it? You wouldn't, right? She was alive when I married her husband and trust me when I said; it was the most difficult experience, but I had to. So, my son, do this for your sister, take care of her children and her husband."

"This is ridiculous!" Xiao Zhan couldn't digest what he just heard. "This is absurd! I can't believe this!" To say he was surprised was an understatement. He just couldn't process his mother shamelessly stealing her sister's husband and now urging him to do the same thing, even though this was a different situation, but still.