8

Short chapter, sorry. I'll try to update soon... I promise.
----------------------------------------------------

Wang Yibo's POV continues---

"Shut the front door on my fucking face!" I exclaimed internally. My heart stopped. Did I hear it all wrong? Are my thoughts spinning or is this for real? Will he be my wife? I can finally have him? I can't help but pinch myself to wake up from this drama. Fuck that, I don't want to wake up!

To say I'm surprised will be an understatement. Like, seriously! "Mother no! Mother... Father says something, oh my goodness, mother no! I will not marry him." Xiao Zhan cried out and exhorted me to stop thinking about the improbable. Of course, he won't concede to that, so he trotted to me, "Mr. Wang, Please say no. You don't love me, right? You can't marry me, right? Tell mother that you won't marry me. Please say something,"

I didn't even know what to say, I'm aghast. This family belief is the best thing that will ever happen to me. I don't even know how to repress my happiness, that finally, this very beautiful, glamorous man will become mine, and here he is, urging me to say no to what I will annihilate anyone who'd be an impediment to it coming true.

"You better suck it up and prepare yourself. After your sister's burial, your two weddings commence immediately." Mr. Xiao said to him, and of course, as it should for decades. He was supposed to be mine and not even that asshole Bright will be a hurdle to that.

"And you will be going with them tonight," Mrs. Xiao said numerous things, but my mind was preoccupied with the fact that Xiao Zhan will finally be mine, but these words were the only ones I heard. Will he be spending the night with me? I can't seem to assimilate all of this and can see my brother is certainly happy about everything we're hearing.

Xiao's couple said so many things but I trailed off with my thoughts until we were ready to leave. We left with him and I can see he didn't want to commemorate with us, and he felt imprisoned since my brother and I stayed at his side. I smirked when I noticed his terror. 

We got home and I saw my wife's blood and remembered my beautiful wife again, that was when I remembered I was still in grief. I can't believe she's no longer here with me. I saw Xiao Zhan murmur some words to my brother and he pointed towards the storeroom, I saw him coming back with a mop and a bucket. I quickly stopped him and took it from him. I know he doesn't care, so why should I abhor his pity towards me? It doesn't make any discrepancy.

"Where should I keep his bag?" Win, my brother asked me as Xiao Zhan's back reverted from us.

I looked at the bag and back to the blood, "In my room," I said and I noticed my brother grinned and carried the bag away. I can see he can't wait for these two to segregate, and I do too.

They left me as I crime while cleaning my wife's blood, feeling guilty and pained. I caused her death, even though I don't want to acknowledge that fact. I went up to my room and cleaned myself and went to where I used to stay at night or in the daytime and cried recalling how sweet my wife was and I can't help but mourn my pain out, I can't hold it in anymore. The guilt is killing me.

"Guan baby, why? Why did you leave me? Why did you leave me with the children? Who will take care of them? Guan, please wake up, wake up my dear wife please," I sobbed, recollecting how bad I have regaled her ever since I laid my eyes on his brother. How unfaithful I was with my impressions, even though physically, I hadn't done either of them. It hurt me to think back to how I pushed her advances toward me away so many nights, simply because I wished it was his brother I was touching. I was a horrible husband to her. 

I was dwelling in my self-pity when I noticed Xiao Zhan coming toward me. I hastily wiped my tears away. I can't look vulnerable in his presence.

"I am sorry for my sister's death. I'm sure wherever she is, she loves you and won't like to see you like this. Please, forgive me. I know it was my shortcoming. I should've picked up the call but I didn't..."