20

Xiao Zhan got up after he was done bawling his gleaming eyes and venting out the pain of losing his sister. It was today that Xiao Zhan finally comprehended how much he misses his sister he had never admitted he missed. He hated his sister for always being the centre of attention, for always being the one favoured the most by their parents and for always getting the best of everything. He won't negate, he was jealous of her and that jealousy led to resentment that he didn't even feel much pain when the news of her death came to him. He thought the impediment standing between his parent's love had been removed but he thought again when he was impeached for being accountable for her death. 

Like seriously, even in death, she happen to be the centre of attention and his parents hadn't still stopped correlating him with her and hadn't stopped reminding him how much of an excuse of a human being he is and Xiao Zhan could swear, his parents preferred he was the one dead and not their precious daughter. Nothing about him was ever reckoned by his parents, not even his feelings or his choices in life. 

Do they think he enjoys being the intractable child in the family? Did they ever think about how their treatments, nagging and animosities had been affecting him emotionally, physically and mentally? Have they ever considered him as their child or did see him as a detriment, an abominable child? He had wanted to please them, to do whatever they wanted from him, be who they'll appreciate him to be for them to acknowledge him, but he ended up becoming invisible to them in the end.

He had worked so hard, tried so many times for them to see his efforts, to make them see how much he was willing to repudiate for them to recognize his presence, for them to love him, but they ended up seeing their precious daughter instead, even when she wasn't undertaking or attempting for their love, care and attention. It hurts him so much each time he was regarded as an impetuous child, someone that was never needed in their family and that was why he decided to be the pain they always see him as the irresponsible child they regarded him as. There was nothing about him his parents knew, not even his hobbies or even his grades in school. It was as if he was out-casted by his family and that's not cool.

As if that wasn't enough, he was sent away to the state to study, simply because his parents didn't want people to know they had a disgrace as a son. They didn't want people to know they had someone as inconsistent and wayward as their son, which they pushed him into becoming. What was his crime? Is a question Xiao Zhan didn't have anyone answer him. Did they think he was happy or proud to have them as his family? Did they think he appreciates God for giving him a pathetic good-for-nothing parents who only cared about their fame and saving the face of their so-called family? Damnit, they should think again.

Xiao Zhan felt cheated and deprived by God for giving him the kind of people he called his family. He sometimes wished he was never born by them and was never even part of their family lineage. People might be envious of him for having such prestigious and wealthy parents as his family but to Xiao Zhan, he wished he was born to the lowest class and be loved and cared for instead of being part of where he found himself not wanted. They treated him as a nobody, someone without blood and felt as if he was just an asset.

Did they even recognize him as their next heir or is he just being delusional as always, thinking his parents are going to leave the family business in his name? He got to be kidding himself because he knew that would never happen. His parents see him as a burden and will swear they never regarded him as their next heir, because, of course, they have their precious responsible son-in-law who sings praises of him just exactly as they did to his deceased sister. Another obstacle, which was another reason he'd never accept Wang Yibo as his husband, no matter how much he wanted to and loved him.

Xiao Zhan abhors anyone that's loved and appreciated by his parents and that was one of the reasons he'll never give in to him. He loves him, yes, more than anyone would imagine, even more than he'd like to admit it to himself or anyone, but he'll damn the love he had for him and continue rebelling against all of them, if not for anything, but for the fact that they all connived and lure him into this marriage he was so against. The marriage his parents wanted so much for to happen and even had the guts to manipulate him into succumbing to their manipulation and fuck them, they'll all pay for what they did to them. He doesn't know how he's going to achieve that, but he'll do something.