24

Wang Yibo followed Mrs Xiao and went inside the room to discuss with her. He wondered why she called him here and judging from her facial countenance, he could decipher it was something very important that had to do with his wife. He kept quiet and followed her until they were out of the hearing of others before he considered her.

On the other hand, Mrs Xiao almost had a heart seizure seeing Zhan almost wanted to kill himself. It was true she was being all strong and all that back there, but, that's her son they're talking about. Her son almost took his own life because of her and her ways of pushing him around, coercing her into doing what he was against, though she's doing it for him, as a mother, she doesn't want her only son to end up with someone who was from a broken home. She had made inquiries about Bright and found out he was a good-for-nothing, an impetuous boy that was renounced by his own family because of his ways of living and how he refused to capitulate with what his family had instructed him. 

Bright refused to follow his family's tradition, refusing to marry the arranged marriage set by his both parents. His parents were against him being gay, which of course, to her was nothing. Mrs Xiao was never homophobic and didn't agree with Bright's parents on their decision, but Mrs Xiao believed in keeping to family's tradition and didn't like how Bright disobeyed his parents just to continue being impulsive with his life choices. Bright's parents were also one of the most successful businessmen when it came to their line of business. The prestigious type of family that Mrs Xiao would've allowed her son to be part of if only the person involved was responsible.

When it comes to home training and impairing the name of family, Bright is good at it. A complete full-time playboy, a good-for-nothing scoundrel without a prospect, a boy who has everything, but still, he chooses to live his life as a nonentity. He traverses around, smoking and getting himself drunk is the kind of life Bright prefers living and Mrs Xiao cares about the family distinction so much and won't let such inconsistent rascals be with her son. Even though Bright's family was wealthy and can be good to partner with them by bonding the two families through marriage. But no, Mrs Xiao can't let that happen. She rather has her son remain single than allow him to be with someone as horrendous as Bright. That will happen over her dead body.

Xiao Zhan, her son was also a very nefarious smoker and a sex addict, a rascal who does whatever he liked with the care he's tarnishing the image of her family. While Bright was a good for nothing rejected bastard, a partying hard and also a smoker and a sex addict. Bringing both of them together means dishonouring their families' names and will end up ruining the name of their families and business. Both are not and will never be synonymous with each other. They're both worthless and leaving them together means eroding their lives.

The two were unreliable fellows, they were not good for each other and if eventually, they end up making children together, what will they teach their children? How to smoke, galavant, drink or have sex shamelessly wherever they want? Just what good is going to come out of the two? Nothing. For years, Mrs endured them together, telling herself that one day, something will untangle the two, but that never happened and Mrs Xiao had no choice but to continue enduring them together.

She had swallowed all her pride and everything and looked for any slightest opportunity to inaugurate the two good for nothing and one eventually come out, which is, her daughter's death and thanks to their family tradition that help her more and had sworn to take advantage of it and made sure to separate the two of them whether hook or crook. She had sworn to do anything motherly possible to see her son marry her son-in-law and be responsible for once in his inconsistent nonsensical life and yet, Bright continue impeding that achievement

She went inside with Yibo and paced around while looking at Yibo who kept following her with her eyes wherever she strode too. Mrs Xiao looked at him and walked a bit closer, she whispered, "Just what were you thinking, leaving him to have his room? Giving him more immunity to galavant around with Bright?" She pranced around in anger, breathing in and out and this time wiped her imaginary sweat. "Zhan will sneak out every night to be with him if you let him have his room and freedom to do as he likes. He does that at my house. He has no shame whatsoever, same as Bright. You've witnessed it yourself, that bastard will come through the window and sleep with your wife under your nose. How can you allow that? I thought you're smarter than this and that you love my son?"