1) THE CONSPIRACY!

TW: Mentions of Abuse, Death, and Bullying.

The night Harry Potter's name was called from the Goblet of Fire was a controversial one. Many of the students in Gryffindor were so honored to have such glory that they threw a party in the common room that same night; Fred and George Weasley even managed to smuggle in some Fire Whiskey from Hogsmeade. The only Gryffindors who weren't very thrilled were Harry himself and his best friends, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. All of whom were dreading what the event could mean, with Potter already having so many enemies, to begin with.

Ravenclaw quickly became an impartial spectator of the scene before them, discreetly taking bets as to which champion is most likely to perish first. Most bets were on poor fourteen-year-old Harry and Fleur Delacour, the only female Champion.

Not all of the houses took the news very well, however. Hufflepuff, a commonly overlooked and underrated house, was distraught by the news that Harry Potter, of all people, got to steal the glory from the other Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory.

The other competing schools, Boaxbatons and Durmstrang, were furious by the news, exclaiming that it was not fair that Hogwarts got to have two champions and that they should be provided with the same opportunity.

But nothing beats Slytherin House's (or more specifically, Draco Malfoy's) reaction to the shocking turn of events...

"Wouldn't the world be a better place if Potter just died? Wouldn't that be amazing?" He says dramatically, his face almost appearing ghoulish in the firelight flooding through the Slytherin common room, "You all know that there's no way he'll survive . . . he's such a bloody coward, Potter is. How much you wanna wager that he never even fought the Basilisk in his second year? There's no way a wimp like him could accomplish anything of the sort."

It was common knowledge that stupid Potter seemed to shrivel up at too loud of noises and tight spaces. Sometimes, if Draco caught him alone, he'd lock the boy in a broom closet, or on one occasion, he managed to trap him in one of the bathroom stalls, casting a spell to make the walls cave in on him as he pleaded with Draco to stop.

Potter eventually got Granger to seek vengeance on them, making the girl curse him and his lackey, enormous boils spreading on their faces faster than the dragon-pox. It took him weeks to get his skin back to normal and the entirety of Slytherin eventually caught it, all of them hating him for months. Stupid Potter always finds new ways to demolish his life.

"He is such an insufferable little twit. Just because Potter's name got called for the stupid tournament, he thinks he's so wonderful, but I'll show him. Ooh, I'll show him," says Draco turning to Blaise Zabini, one of his closest friends, "Do you think you can figure out that spell Granger used? The one that makes people get boils."

Blaise glances over at Pansy Parkinson, another close friend of his who has been pointedly ignoring the blond by pretending to read her History of Magic textbook for so long that her eyes have begun to dry up, "How long has he been like this?"

"Since we got back to the common room. It's been hours," she says blankly, turning the page of her book so that she doesn't have to keep reading the same sentence over again.

"Do you think people would be suspicious if something went. . . awry during the Triwizard? Maybe we could dress up like Dementors again and scare the wuss to death on the first task!" He looks up at his friends expectantly, only to notice they're not even listening to his tirade, "Hey! Pay attention!"

"I think you guys should get together already," Blaise muses.

"Seriously, you guys are bound to either kill each other or shag. The two of you just have that kind of. . . tension," Pansy says with a smirk and an amused glint flashing in her usually tired eyes. She places the textbook down with a small thud.