13: WAFFLE IRON!

TW: Graphic Physical/Verbal Abuse.

Draco wakes up the next morning, finding himself alone. Strange. It's only seven, but it seems as though Harry has already woken up. Does he always wake up this early? Is it a normal occurrence for the golden boy to wake at dawn? Then, Draco smells something sweet.

Is that breakfast? Is Harry making it? Probably, considering he mentioned he does all of the chores. Maybe Draco can help him, so he doesn't have to do it all by himself.

He slowly creeps down the stairs, only to see Harry's Aunt, standing behind Harry while he makes Waffles. She has an enraged glint in her eyes and she has a firm hand on his shoulder. Harry looks scared, more scared than Draco's ever seen him. His face was already quite pale, to a concerning degree, but his skin is nearly white.

"Sorry, Aunt Petunia," Harry says, voice even and clear despite how utterly horrified he looks.

"This is what you get for keeping me up all night with your . . . screaming," Petunia snarls, her nails digging deeper into his shoulder.

"I-I couldn't control it, please," Harry says, tears filling his eyes but he blinks them away.

Draco has no idea what is about to happen, but he knows it isn't good. He freezes, suddenly remembering his father when he'd inflicted pain upon him. Lucius would never hurt Draco the muggle way, for that is looked down upon; there's always magic involved. And it's usually dark magic. The first dark spell ever used on Draco was the imperious curse. Lucius used it on him so Draco wouldn't embarrass him at a dinner party. It quickly became a regular thing.

But those were regular occurrences and not the way Lucius would use that curse to punish Draco. No, it was much, much worse.

Since beating someone without the use of magic was shameful in Lucius' eyes, he'd imperio Draco into doing the heavy lifting. But it wasn't abuse, since Draco was the one hurting himself. It was all Draco's fault.

The punishments had only gotten worse as Draco continued with school. Always getting second best; with everything. Second in Quidditch, which always resulted in threats to his mum. Second in school; which resulted in pain brought to house-elves. Second, second, second.

As the stress worsened, he became colder and more distant. He blamed the other people around him for his pain. He didn't only take it out on Potter and his friends, though. At one point, he took it out on Pansy and Blaise. He'd start fights with them for no reason and took his anger out on them. Said mean and hurtful things to them just so he could feel a sense of power or control; something he longed for but never got.

And, even though he had been so incredibly nasty to them, they forgave him. He didn't have to tell them his situation for them to know, mainly because they are all in the same situations with their own families and they can read between the lines. Draco doesn't know the extent or gory details of what they've been through; and neither them Draco. It's an unspoken rule they have, a bond that cannot be broken. No forcing information out; Slytherins keep secrets till death due them part. The only things they know of what's happened to the others are what's screamed out during nightmares. But in their unspoken promise, they don't ask questions. They only comfort and support each other.

Draco isn't exactly sure what they know, but he is certain that they have heard him screaming about a muggle-born born woman, Daisy, and unforgivable.

(A/N: this is where more of the graphic abuse starts. I'll put another note for when it's over.)

He snaps back into reality when Petunia grips Harry's hand harshly, her bony fingers scratching at the back of his hand, "I don't care if you can't control it, freak!"