15) THE REVENGE!

TW: for bullying, abuse, and character death.

The following week has been relatively tame. Harry got beaten by Vernon a few times for things like mentioning magic or asking for food. He also got burned again for trying to sneak food, because he was getting so desperate. Luckily, Draco has been helping him heal, which Harry is extremely grateful for. But every time he tries healing Harry, he passes out and is sent into a world plagued with his nightmares of house elves and his mother.

Harry can't help but feel like he owes Draco something for his kindness. He is risking so much for him and has been doing it since he told Harry of the death eater plot.

They've become super close. Much closer than people would assume, considering their rough history.
But they are much more similar than many would imagine, having a lot in common. When Draco isn't healing Harry, they are laughing together and having fun.

They usually talk about things like Quidditch and school to keep the conversation light-hearted, especially with everything being as miserable as it's been. They are starting to feel like normal teenagers, despite how fucked up both of their lives have been.

But Harry can see the raging fire forming in Draco's eyes when they're around the Dursleys; he's angry.
Even though he hasn't told him straight up, Harry can tell he's planning revenge, which scares him, mainly because he doesn't want to see Draco go to Azkaban for taking it too far.

He's started small, like every time Vernon says something rude to Harry, he'll wordlessly cast a stinging jinx on him. Or every time Vernon beats Harry, he'll wake up the next morning with massive puss-filled boils all over his fat purple face.

But Draco's minor revenge isn't enough to feed the fire. He's only really doing these small hexes as a way to make Harry smile.
He can see the entertained glint in his eyes everything he hears Vernon complain about a new boil, though Harry would never admit he finds it amusing. The small glint of happiness is enough to keep Draco going; for it has been so long since he'd seen him truly content.

But of course, Draco's small acts of rebellion aren't enough to keep Harry away from harm. Nothing is, since trouble almost always tries to find him.

The main reason the Dursleys haven't stopped, despite Draco's petty acts of revenge, is that they aren't bright enough to realize that it is revenge. Somehow, in all their muggles, they haven't seemed to realize that magic is behind it. This is ironic because they seem to blame Harry's magic for everything that goes remotely wrong.

Their muggle explanations range from the weather being more humid or something being wrong with their piping system. They haven't even suspected Draco to be behind the jinxes.
They think it's merely bad luck. Idiots.

Today in particular has been rough; Dudley and his friends have been bossing Harry around by forcing him to serve them food, all the while, making remarks about his dead parents, his scar, and Cedric.
They all laugh and joke, mocking his screams. This only infuriates Harry but he keeps his anger in control, for fear of his accidental magic acting up.

"Not Cedric!" Dudley imitates Harry's voice, a smug smile on his face as he shrieks, "Don't kill Cedric!"

"Stop," Harry says lowly, tugging on the bottom of his shirt to keep himself from punching Dudley in the nose.

"Hey scar-head, get me a drink!" One of Dudley's friends says rudely, placing his feet on the table.

Harry rolls his eyes, "What do you want?"

Dudley crosses his arms, an unsettling grin setting on his stupid face. "Did you just roll your eyes at our guest?"

"No," Harry lies. He starts trembling. Merlin, he doesn't feel like getting lemon juice to the eye.