14: DAISY'S FATE!

TW: Panic Attack, Abuse, Torture.

About a week later, Draco wakes up to an empty bed. He's gotten into the habit of waking up early, in hopes of waking before Harry, so he can do the chores for him. It's currently four in the morning, but Harry has still managed to wake up before him! How is that even possible? Does he ever sleep?

But then Draco realizes that calming charms don't last forever and Harry probably gets nightmares when it wears off. Draco just doesn't notice because he's asleep. As much as he wants to stay up all night and help Harry, it's impossible to survive on no sleep.

Draco sighs and slowly gets up. He hates seeing Harry in so much pain... . which is crazy because a few months ago, he would have loved seeing him like this. He would want to make it worse. Draco grimaces at the thought. How is it that he's had such a change of heart? Is it because he's developed a sense of protection over him, seeing him in so much danger? Is it that he's risked so much for him? He may never know why, but for some reason, he cares more about Harry Potter than he does about anybody else.

He wants to be there for Harry, always. He wants to hold his hand, he wants to be with Harry, he wants to protect Harry... but that's impossible because his father wants to kill Harry.

"BOY! GET TO WORK!" Draco hears Vernon yell from down the stairs.

"Yes, sir," Harry says timidly. Draco internally shutters, hearing him call such a wicked man 'sir.'

He tip-toes down the staircase and is greeted by Harry already making eggs and bacon. He smiles at the warm and inviting smell of Harry's delightful cooking.

"Morning, Harry. Need help?" Draco asks as he approaches the kitchen. Vernon glares at him, but Draco pretends not to notice.

"He doesn't need help, freak!" 

"I didn't ask you," Draco says coldly.

Vernon stomps away with a huff, his face purple from irritation (and a wandless jinx that Draco cast. But he doesn't know that.)

Draco has become extremely good at casting wandless and wordless magic. He's gotten a ton of practice, staying with the Dursleys. He already had a bit of experience, fixing up injuries inflicted upon the house elves and he hasn't quite mastered healing spells wandless or wordlessly, so he can't heal Harry's injuries, without a wand.

Vernon, being the little bitch he is, took Draco's wand after finding out he's been healing Harry behind his back but Draco has done everything he can to help the boy; he's wandlessly transfigured things into food for Harry, so he doesn't starve to death and he's constantly stayed up all night to place calming spells on Harry in his sleep but Draco still doesn't feel it is enough to make up for what he's done to Harry in his past.

He used to be Harry's biggest bully. How can he forgive Draco after everything he's done to him? Draco has taken everything out on Harry. He doesn't deserve a second chance, yet he got one.

"Can you pass me the cheese?" Harry says, interrupting his train of thought.

"Mhm," Draco nods and walks over to the fridge to get the cheese.

"Thanks," Harry says awkwardly.

". . . So, how are we gonna do it?" Draco whispers, making Harry furrow his eyebrows.

"Do what?"

He smirks, "Get revenge."

"No. Do you want to get me killed?"

"No, I wanna get them killed,"

"You are not killing anybody!" Harry grunts, looking over his shoulder in hopes that Vernon isn't listening to their concerning conversation.