5) LORD VOLDEMORT!

TW: Mentions of Abuse/Lucius Malfoy being a dick.

Draco feels a lot better about himself, now that he has made peace with Potter. At least they are decent terms. At least he doesn't have to pretend to hate the boy he is planning to help murder...

Oh, who is he kidding? He doesn't feel any better. He feels worse. He feels like he's tricking Potter like he's manipulating him. And it's bloody awful. Draco thought that making a truce with him would ease his guilt, that he would feel better knowing that Potter won't die as his enemy, but as his acquaintance. But no, being on neutral terms with him has made it that much more miserable.

It feels as though Draco's betraying Potter by not telling him. By keeping his mouth shut. At least when Potter was his enemy, he could mask the guilt with the fact that he hates Potter. But now, he can't hide behind that because he doesn't hate him, not anymore. Now that he's spent the last few weeks spying on him, Draco has seen a whole other side of Potter. And, he doesn't hate that person.

But today, he has to. He cannot show any form of empathy towards Potter because today he is meeting with his father to exchange information, and possibly get more details on the actual plot, and Draco is terrified at the thought of what could happen if what he's done isn't enough. If Lucius is disappointed, Draco may just end up like poor Daisy. . . He pushes that awful thought out of his head. He can't have a flashback, especially not now. Draco just wishes that he could forget that horrible, horrible day.

After a miserable walk through Hogsmeade, Draco tumbles into The Three Broomsticks just as he did a few weeks ago. What if Lucious doesn't like that he isn't friends with Potter? What if he disowns Draco? What if he follows through with his threats of using the Cruciatus Curse on him? Or what if he uses darker magic? Draco has seen countless spellbooks. Spellbooks that contain curses that could break every bone in your body, that drain every ounce of blood in your veins, Or make you relive your worst memories.
Of course, this type of magic is strictly outlawed, and the possession of any of those books is a one-way ticket to Azkaban Prison, but Lucius doesn't care about that.

Draco has seen his father practice those spells on the house elves, being forced to watch the poor things get tortured. Most of the time, Draco does something as simple as express his emotions to warrant this type of punishment.
His father never tortures house-elves to punish them he does it to punish Draco for misbehaving.
And then, in secret, Draco would help heal them. He even started learning healing charms with the sole purpose of healing the wounds that his father has inflicted upon them.

Draco even started trying to learn wandless magic last year. It took months for him to even accomplish simple spells. Now he can do it somewhat easily, but he still can't heal endlessly.

"Good afternoon, Draco," Lucius calls him over to the same table as last time, endlessly casting silencing charms as he ushers his son toward him. Draco obliges, nervous about the silencing charms. Lucius could do anything he wants and nobody would notice.

"Afternoon," he says, keeping his face clear of emotion. Because that is how he survives; keeping the pain and agony down, muffling his sobs with silencing charms, and holding in his sadness until he's alone.

"How's it going with Potter? Have you gained his trust yet?" Lucius asks, a smirk plastered on his pointy face.

"Well, about that. Seeing as we have spent the last few years hating each other. . .I came up with a better idea." Draco tries to keep his voice from cracking with fear of what his father would do to him.

Lucius raises a curious brow, "Continue."

"Well, I figured I could never get Potter to trust me fully, considering our -uh, our past." Draco stutters, which he can tell is irritating Lucius, so he takes a breath before continuing, "So instead of befriending him, I hexed his wand. I used a charm that allows me to listen in on his conversations. Now, he doesn't even know he's giving me information."