2) THE PLAN!

Draco has strangely felt nervous for Potter, as of lately. He doesn't understand why, because he's never cared about the boy's well-being before. He was just triumphing over his soon death, for crying out loud! But now, he's been feeling quite uneasy about him, which is stupid because he shouldn't be worried about him.

No, He doesn't care for Potter at all. He's just. . . feeling guilty for being entangled in a plot that is most likely going to kill the git. Yes, that's the reason.

Draco knows he can't do anything about it, otherwise, he'd just get killed as well. He does not want to end up like the muggle-born but if he can't get information on Potter, he'll probably have the same fate.

As much as He doesn't want to be a part of this, he knows he has to, even though it's immoral. He knows that he should tell someone, anyone. That he should be going to Dumbledore or the Ministry. That he should prevent Potter's unfortunate death, even though he loathes the boy. . .

No! He can't. He can't because of his stupid fear of what will happen to him or his mother if he were to intervene in the plot. He just has to sit there, suck it up, get information on Potter, and then watch him die.

But there is no way that Potter would willingly give Draco information! He's screwed! If he doesn't do this, he will be tortured and killed. Maybe the same will happen to his mother since Lucius knows how much he cares for her.
So, in a moment of desperation, Draco goes to the library.

He sighs as he takes sight of the mountain of books before him. From the corner of his eye, he can see Granger earnestly reading a (probably very uninteresting) book.
Draco internally groans. Though he may not be prejudiced against muggle-borns anymore, he still hates the irritating know-it-all.

A small part of him wishes it was Granger who would be dying instead of Potter because he's at least fun to aggravate but then he internally slaps himself for wishing that fate on anyone. If anything, it should be Draco who dies, not someone who is kind and good-natured like Potter.

What does Lucius even have against the boy, anyway? He's a child, the same age as his son! Granted, the man doesn't care much about what happens to Draco, either.

Lucius would sooner kill his only son than have his reputation tainted.

After hours of mindlessly reading, Draco starts to think he's wasted an afternoon. He gets up, body rigid from sitting down for so long, the tight muscles in his neck spasming from leaning over.

He places the useless book he was just reading down on a random shelf since he doesn't have time to put it in its rightful place.
Granger glares at him from across the room, her lips in a narrow line. Draco rolls his eyes when she gets up and puts the book where it belongs.

He is about to head to the Slytherin common room when he spots a book out of the corner of his eyes; Spells and Jinxes to Manipulate Sound. Captivated, he picks it up.

Draco flips through the pages and finds a rather promising spell.
The jinx in question is almost like a reversed 'Muffio.' It can be used on any object and it picks up on all the noise around it, sending it to another object.

It is the perfect way to spy on someone and a genius because how would he even get his arched nemesis to trust him enough to tell him if he is suspicious of anything?
Plus, he could get blackmail material out of it. It's the ultimate plan!

All Draco has to do now is get hold of Potter's wand and cast the spell, connecting the noise his wand picks up to something of his. Then, he can listen in on Potter's conversations.

But a small part of him feels guilty. Should he be doing this? Yes, he hates Potter, but even this is crossing a line. Is he willing to invade Potter's privacy just so that he doesn't have to talk to him? He is.