21) DEVILS DETENTION!

Another TW for Umbitch.

After a long second day of school, Harry is starving. He has his first detention with Professor Umbridge tonight, so he goes straight to the Great Hall, hoping to scarf something down before facing whatever it is she has in store for him. He has barely reached the Great Hall when an angry voice yells, "Oy, Potter!"

"What now?" He mutters wearily, turning to face Angelina Johnson, who looks as though she is going to explode with fury.

"I'll tell you what now!" She says, marching straight up to him and poking him hard in the chest with her finger, "How come you've landed yourself in detention for five o'clock on Friday?"

"What?" Asks Harry, "Why...oh yeah, Keeper Tryouts!"

"Now he remembers!" Snarls Angelina, "Didn't I tell you I wanted to do a tryout with the whole team and find someone who fitted in with everyone? Didn't I tell you I'd booked the Quidditch pitch especially? And now you've decided you're not going to be there!"

"I didn't decide to be there!" Harry shouts, a little annoyed by the implication of her words, "I got detention from that Umbridge woman, just because I told her about You-know-who-"

"Well, you can just go straight to her and ask her to let you off on Friday," Says Angelina fiercely, "and I don't care how you do it, tell her You-know-who's a figment of your imagination if you'd like, just make sure you're there!"

And with that, she storms away.

"You know what?" Harry turns to Ron and Hermione as they enter the Great Hall, "I think we'd better check with Puddlemere United whether Oliver Wood's been killed during a training session because she's channeling his spirit "

"What d'you reckon are the odds of Umbridge letting you off on Friday?" Asks Ron skeptically, as they sit down at Gryffindor's table.

"Less than zero," Harry says glumly, tipping lamb chops onto his plate and starting to eat, "Better try, though, hadn't I? I'll offer two more detentions or something, I dunno..." He swallows a mouthful of potato and adds, "I hope she doesn't keep me too long this evening. You realize we've got to write three essays, practice Vanishing Spells for McGonagall, work out a countercharm for Flitwick, finish the bow-truckle drawing, and start a stupid dream diary for Trelawney?"

From across the Great Hall, Draco notices how empty Harry's eyes look. He looks terrible; Like he hasn't slept in days. Draco's concern is growing bigger. He can tell Harry's in pain but he doesn't know how to help. He feels useless. More useless than when he couldn't save Daisy, and that's saying a lot.

"Draco, you've been staring at Potter for like ten minutes...what's going on?" Pansy asks, snapping him out of his train of thought.

"I'm worried about him," Draco says quietly, watching as Harry picks at his food but doesn't eat much.

"Why?" Asks Blaise.

"He's been doing awful. Ever since Cedric, hasn't been able to sleep without a nightmare," Draco sighs, "And his living situation doesn't help either."

"How do you know all this? How close have you been getting to him?" Pansy questions and Draco realizes he hasn't told his friends how close he's grown with Harry over the past few months. They don't even know that he stayed with them over the summer.

"I know this because...he told me. We've become quite close, yes. He's had a rough life, Pans," Draco can feel his muscles tighten at the thought of all Harry has been through. Nobody should go through that; especially alone.

"How so? It can't be as rough as yours," Blaise scoffs, waving his hand dismissively.

"In a way, I think it's been worse," Draco mumbles.