17) THE BURROW!

So sorry to do this, but the pain isn't over: HUMUNGOUS TRIGGER WARNING FOR SEXUAL ASSULT. (There are no graphic scenes of sexual assault in this fic, it'll all either be the lead-up or the aftermath. For my mental health, I just can't bring myself to write it in that much detail. However, even non-graphic scenes can be triggering for some people, so I do have warning for before it starts in case you want to skip.) 

Harry's muscles instantly relax at the sight of the lopsided house before them, for something about the Burrow has a way of making Harry feel safe and at ease. Maybe it's the warmth the place carries or maybe it's the fact that he knows he'll always be accepted.

"What if they don't forgive me?" Draco asks quietly, his voice is small a doubtful as he continues to look at the house. He is very worried that the Weasleys won't take him in or treat him well. And why should they? He's been nothing but awful to them; all he's ever done is make fun of their lack of financial stability because he was jealous of how close the family is.

Draco's never truly felt as though he's had a family, not really. He does have his mother, but she isn't allowed to show her love for him outwardly other than protecting him. And it's nice, knowing that she'll risk everything for him, but it's not what he longs for. It's not the same as being able to talk to her, to be able to hug her, for her to comfort him while he cries. And that's what the Weasleys have, something he'd trade any amount of wealth for in a heartbeat.

When Harry said that they'd treat him like family, Draco got to hope that he'd never felt before. Just the word makes his stomach fill with a warmth that he rarely gets. Family. How nice would it be to have one?

"They're the most forgiving people I know," Harry says, taking Draco's hand in his own, "Just apologize to them, they'll love you."

Draco looks uncertain but he nods slowly, "Okay, let's go in."

Harry leads him to the door and they walk in together. Draco gulps before hesitantly knocking. They are instantly greeted by Ron and Arthur, who rush over to Harry and him in for a hug.

"Harry! Are you alright?!" Asks Ron, releasing him.
"I'm okay, now," he says quietly.

Ron glances at Draco, who is timidly hiding behind Harry,
"Malfoy," he greets.

"Weasley," he says back, stepping a little closer to them. Though he is nervous as to how they'll treat him, he figures it's impolite to cower behind Harry the whole time.

Ron shakes Draco's hand formally and then turns back to Harry, "What happened? Are you alright? In danger?"

Harry feels the lump in his throat forming once again. How is he supposed to tell his best friend that he's been abused? That is not something he even wants Ron to know about him, for fear of being looked at differently.

Draco notices the way Harry's closed up, "Do you want me to tell them?"

"Y-Yes," he stutters out, looking downward. He just wants to get it over and done with.

"Harry's been abused and neglected by the Dursleys. But don't worry, I took care of him," he says as the Weasleys look at Harry in pure shock, their mouths hanging open.

At those words, he bursts into uncontrollable tears, gasping for air. He feels a panic attack coming on and Draco grabs his hand, pulling him into a tight hug and whispering reassuring things in his ear. The Weasleys just look at them as if they've grown a second head.

After a few minutes, Harry calms down enough to speak, "Thanks."

Draco smiles at him, "Anytime."

"So . . . you guys are friends now?" Asks Ron, grimacing.