24) DISTRACTIONS!

Draco has been getting more and more worried about Harry as the weeks go by. His sudden breakdown in potions was concerning, to say the least. And as the state of things at Hogwarts has been deteriorating, due to Umbridge, it has become unbearable for Draco to watch as Harry suffers.

Draco hates that he hasn't been able to see Harry much, all year. He's had to hide his friendship with him, but sometimes, he just wants to run over to Harry and hug him. Salazar knows the boy needs one.

What he would do to just talk to Harry? To make sure he's alright.

He's briefly talked to Ron and Hermione about him, but they've brushed it off. It's so frustrating that he can't talk to Harry directly, for fear of what his father will do.

He is disrupted from his thoughts when he is suddenly pulled into a hidden alcove. On instinct, Draco pulls out his wand and prepares to hex whoever it is who just dragged him into this secluded area. But then he notices that it's Harry.

"Oh...it's just you," Draco sighs, putting away his wand, "Sorry."

"It's fine," Harry rubs his neck, "Been a while."

"Yeah, it has. How are your nightmares?" Draco asks tentatively.

Harry just shrugs in answer to Draco's question, fiddling with his school uniform.

"Are you alright? Why did you bring me here?" Draco questions slowly, not quite sure what is going on. He doesn't want to sound rude, because he's happy to see Harry. He's just worried that something could've gone wrong.

Draco notices Harry swallow a lump in his throat, but that doesn't stop the tears from sprawling down his cheeks. He tries to catch his breath and is luckily able to, "Just missed you."

Draco can feel his stomach twist into a knot at his words. Harry misses him. He wants to be near him. Just the thought alone makes Draco blush,
"Oh, Harry. . . I've missed you so much," He says quietly, bringing him in for a hug. They hold onto each other for a long time, as if scared of letting go.

They both have silent tears streaming down their faces as if the validation that the other misses them so much has caused an explosion of emotions. In actuality, they've had a sort of longing to spend time with each other for the whole year. Just knowing that the other has felt it as well is like a weight lifting off of their shoulders.

Eventually, they pull away, their shoulders still touching. It's almost like if they don't have some form of physical contact, they'll both break down again. Draco notices that Harry's face has turned scarlet and his green eyes are practically shimmering. "Thanks. . . I needed that."

Draco smiles, letting out a meek, "I did, too."

They stare at each other, both feeling the urge to kiss the other. But Harry doesn't make a move, for fear that it'll move too quickly and he'll get forced into something. Draco doesn't make a move, for fear of rejection.

"Wanna go flying tonight?" He asks sheepishly, hoping it'll defuse the tension, "It's okay if you don't want to...I just thought that it'd help you keep your mind off everything."

Harry grins up at him, "I'd love to!"

"Great. Um, seekers match?"

"You're on, Malfoy," Harry shoves Draco's chest mockingly. All of a sudden, their emotional state has turned into playful banter at the mention of potential competition.

"Meet you at midnight? Don't want people to see us. . ." Draco winces, "You know, with my father and all."

"I understand," Says Harry, leaving the cupboard with a flick of his robes.