26) THE BETRAYAL!

TW: Umbitch.

Draco groans as he makes his way to Professor Umbridge's office. He had gotten called down there to discuss "important matters." The toad gets on his nerves and makes his blood boil with fury. Salazar just wants to punch the bitch in the nose! He knows that she is tormenting Harry, and this angers him to no end.

He opens the door to her (very pink) office. Very different compared to the previous defense against the dark arts professor's offices. The room is decorated with plates, and every single one of them has a moving kitten on it. The room has an eery feel to it, weirdly. Like muggle dolls. They are supposed to be cute or entertaining, but when in large groups, they are creepy and put an uneasy feeling in the stomach.

"Good evening, Mister Malfoy," Umbridge says in a sickly sweet voice. She has a wide, unnerving smile playing on her lips, "Takes a seat."

Draco obliges, nodding his head slowly as he sits across from the sinister woman.

"Do you know why I have called you down here, Mister Malfoy?" Umbridge asks, calmly. She meets his nervous eyes and lets out a squeaky laugh.

"Um, I don't... Ma'am," Draco says softly. Something about the woman before him gives him unpleasant chills up his arms and makes his breath get caught in the back of his throat. Oddly, she reminds him of his Aunt Bellatrix, the both of them having a similar sadistic power-hungry edge to them that puts Draco into a state of panic.

"What is your opinion on Mister Potter?" She asks in a sugary voice, taking a sip of pink tea. A cat on one of her plates meows and he can see Umbridge clenching her jaw. Why is she so annoyed? Does she not like cats? That doesn't make sense. If she doesn't like them, then why would she use them in her decor?

Umbridge looks at him expectantly, and Draco feels a tingle rush up his spine, making his hair stand up. He can't exactly tell Professor Umbridge that he wants to snog Harry...for many reasons; like for the fact that she absolutely despises him, or that she could easily report it back to his father. All that's left, is to lie.

Draco clears his throat before putting on his most Malfoyish sneer he could muster, "We aren't on...great terms. He's gotten on my nerves for more reasons than house rivalry. We've sort of hated each other since we started at Hogwarts."

Umbridge nods, a small smile forming on her lips, "Would you like some tea, Mister Malfoy?"

Draco knows full well that she uses Veritaserum, while she questions students. But Draco knows something she doesn't; he was trained by Lucius to be able to bend the truth by changing the question in his head. He gives her a respectful smile, before saying, "Tea would be lovely, Ma'am."

Umbridge grins widely and pours him the unnaturally pink-colored tea, "Now, what were you saying, about hating Mister Potter?"

Draco takes a sip of the truth-serum-infested tea, "Oh, I started hating him during my first year, after he rejected my friendship," Technically, he is telling the truth.

Umbridge grins at his words, seemingly convinced, "Very good...what do you think about his stories? Do you believe what he has been saying about the dark lord's return?"

Draco has to pause and collect his thoughts; he changes the question to Would you believe him if you didn't have prior knowledge of the plot? Which, Draco already knows the answer to, "No. It's ridiculous that he would even think that, let alone spread that rubbish."

Umbridge's smile becomes creepily wide at his words. Draco has to stop himself from flinching, the grin on her toad-like face reminds him very much of the expression on Bellatrix Lestrange's face after torturing muggle-borns, "Very, very good, Mister Malfoy. What is your opinion on this Ministry on magic?"