6) THE CONFESSION!

TW: Mentions of Abuse/Death.

Once Draco told his friends that he has a set time to warn Potter, they all praised him for doing the right thing. But Draco has never felt more panic-stricken in his life. He is going to be walking to his execution. He is choosing to die, and it'll be filled with agony and will be torturously slow. Lucius is going to have no empathy, no guilt, and no mercy. He's going to end up worse than the house elves. But that is the way it is going to have to be.
Draco has realized and come to terms with the fact that he was born for this; to die. Sure, it'll be excruciatingly painful and miserable, but he is going to sacrifice his happiness for the common good.

He is going to confess to Potter about the plot. He is going to tell him that you know who will return. He is going to risk his own life to save Potter. Why? Because Potter's life is more important. Nobody is going to miss Draco when he is gone, not even his father. Hell, his father might just be the one to kill him.

Draco rubs his temples as he looks at the time: Eleven-thirty-one. His face turns pale and he nearly faints. This is the moment his life has been leading up to. He has gone through the storm and challenges for this, so he can do this. This is his destiny; to die in agony and despair to prevent thousands of others from facing the same dreadful fate.

He could still turn back. He could still make the selfish decision and pick his life over the thousands of others. He could still erase Potter's memory again so he wouldn't think something was off. But he'd have to erase Pansy and Blaise's memory as well, or they would be up his arse about it. No, he couldn't do that to his actual friends.

"Nervous?" Blaise stalks toward Draco, a concerned glint in his brown eyes. Draco immediately feels more relaxed at the sight of his friends.

"Very," he says. His eyes are bloodshot and empty from his lack of rest. He hasn't been able to sleep without a single nightmare ever since he heard of the plot. But hasn't been able to sleep at all since he found out about Voldemort. He is currently runningGlammersmers and Vitamix potion. Artificial energy.

"You're doing the right thing, Draco," Blaise rubs his back supportively and Draco oddly feels like he's going to cry. He's never been used to physical touch. He's never gotten it, growing up he rarely received it.
So, when he gets it now, he feels a longing for it. He craves it more than anything else. He aches for it and holds onto it for as long as he can when he gets it. It's something special. It's something to be savored and clinging onto until it can't breathe anymore.

"What if this is all for nothing? What if Potter doesn't believe me? Or worse, what if my warning isn't enough?" Draco's voice cracks as his face becomes paler, almost turning blue from the pure fear taking over his head. What if I die for nothing?

"He'll believe you," Blaise gazes at him, sympathetically, "Whether your warning is enough, I'm unsure."

"How do you think I'll die?" Draco asks with no emotion in his tone whatsoever. He is too numb and terrified to feel anything. At all. The only thing that's left is the battered remains of what was once his soul.

"Honest answer?" Blaise looks up at Draco, and the blonde nods, "Painfully."

"Thought so," Draco says.

"But you'll be in a happier place, Draco. You'll be free," Blaise tries to lift the mood, "And it's not like we'll never see each other again."

"How do you know?" Draco chokes, feeling utterly helpless. He's never truly believed there's anything after death, no matter how hopefully Daisy used to speak about it.

"I just do," Blaise says back, bringing him into a hug, "I'm so proud of you."

Those words are what make the tears fall out of his eyes and roll down his cheeks. He's never heard anyone say those words to him. It's overwhelming, to hear that when you've been deprived of the words for so long. When he's spent so long trying to earn those words, by becoming more like his father. It's almost frustrating, that the only time he's heard it is when he's doing the exact opposite of what he's previously done to get those words.