37) THE PROPHOCY!

Another long chapter.
Trigger warning for torture, homophobic language, and attempted murder. (Word Count: 6666)

Draco is screaming. He is on the ground, curled in a ball, face beet red from pain, as he shrieks. For a moment, Harry freezes, the blood pounding in his ears as his heart stops beating at the sight. After about five seconds, he jumps into action by shoving himself in front of his boyfriend, shielding him from the curse.

It feels as though hundreds of knives are searing into his skin, twisting and stabbing. Tiny needles scratch at his eyes. There isn't a single part of his body that's not in excruciating pain.

Draco sobs for a few moments, relief thawing in his body before he suddenly realizes why he is no longer being tortured. Harry has sacrificed himself for him.

As soon as the epiphany comes, he forces Harry out of the way and the blast of the Cruciartous Curse comes down on him once more.

After a few minutes of fighting to keep the other out of harm's way, Lucious eventually lowers his wand and says, "Come, Draco. Join your real family. All shall be forgiven if you do the proper thing."

"Why would I join you?" he asks breathlessly, his eyebrows furrowed and his face gleaming with sweat from the torture as he subtly shields himself in front of Harry again, "This boy loves me more than you ever had. Why should I join the losing side when I already have everything that I need right here with me?"

"Loves you? Draco, what do you mean?" asks Lucious, his words coming out harsh, "Don't you dare tell me that you're one of those faggots! Think of what that'll do to our bloodlines. And with a half-breed, no less."

"This is exactly why I left," says Draco, "I knew that you'd never accept me for who I am. I knew I was 'one of those faggots' ever since the third year and I never felt safe to tell you about it. You would start saying things like that. You would disown me. And even though I know mother would still love me, she'd be beaten into submission by you."

"So not only is my son a filthy queer but he's also in love with the boy who the Dark Lord wants to kill?"

"Yes, and I'm bloody well proud of it."

Lucious' face turns a bit pink from anger and gallons of sweat seem to be dripping down his forehead. He raises the wand yet again, aiming right at Draco as he hisses out, "Avada Ke—"

"Where's Sirius?" Harry says suddenly and it is enough to distract the man from completing the spell.

Several of the Death Eaters laugh at Harry and a harsh female voice from the midst of the shadowy figures to Harry's left says triumphantly, "The Dark Lord always knows."

"Always," echoes Lucious softly and he seems to hesitate in killing his son and only because he remembers that he is on a mission, "Now, give me the prophecy, Potter."

Harry pulls Draco aside, hidden behind his friends and away from his could-be murderer, before demanding, "I want to know where Sirius is!"

"I want to know where Sirius is!" mimics the woman to his left. She and her fellow Death Eaters have closed in so that they are mere feet away from Harry and the others, the light from their wands dazzling his eyes.

"You've got him," says Harry, ignoring the rising panic in his chest, the dread he had been fighting since they had first entered the ninety-seventh row. "He's here. I know he is."

"The baby woke up frightened," says the woman in a horrible, mock-baby voice. Harry feels Ron stir beside him.

"Don't do anything," he mutters. "Not yet -"