8) THE CRUCIATUS CURSE!

TW: Physical Abuse. 

Draco is terrified. He is always scared in his father's presence, but this time it is different. This time he has Harry's wand with him, though he did shrink it to make it easier to hide. This time, he can easily get caught helping the "enemy." And very bad things happen to the people who get caught.
If Lucius finds out that Draco has Harry's wand with him, there is no doubt in his mind that he will end up like that muggle-born or Daisy.

Panicked thoughts move rapidly through his head. Mainly, about how creative Lucius can be when it comes to torturing. But there are worse people out there, people like his insane Aunt or Fenrir Greyback. Those people are much more imaginative when it comes to the art of making people feel pain. The only hopeful thing Draco can think of at the moment is that when Lucius finds out, he'll be too angry with him to even think of having the more intimidating people do it. Lucius would just start torturing him without thought.

Draco lets out a muffled whimper, careful not to be too loud in case Harry is listening in on him.
Harry doesn't need to know how petrified Draco is right now. Harry doesn't understand how he feels. Harry doesn't know what it's like to be threatened unforgivable. He's never seen a house elf get tortured. He's never seen a muggle-born woman chained to his fucking dinner table as she receives the Cruciatus Curse for three hours straight. Draco still can't even look at that space without thinking of her shrieks of struggle and pain. Harry hasn't felt this helpless before. Because he's Harry fucking Potter.

And sure, Harry has been in an unloving household, but he's never been abused. Neglected? Sure. But Harry doesn't know one thing about abuse.

Draco lets out a shaky breath as Pansy enters the common room. She doesn't notice Draco's presence until he let out an involuntary croak from the back of his throat. She looks up at him, "Nervous?"

Draco shakes his head and Pansy raises a questioning eyebrow, "Okay fine, I'm nervous. Happy?"

Pansy tilts her head to the side, probably confused as to why Draco is so irritable at the moment. Draco's never taken things out on his friends, at least he doesn't do it often.

"You've never been this nervous. Draco, what's up?"

Draco sighs, realizing he can't get out of Harry over hearing bad things about his father, considering he is about to listen in on them, "I have Harry's wand."

Pansy's eyes widen but then she gives him a look of disapproval,
"Does Harry know you have his wand?"

"Yes Pansy, he knows," Draco says irritatedly.

"Why do you have his wand?" Pansy asks, walking across the room to sit down next to him on the forest green loveseat Draco is currently sitting on.

"He's gonna listen in on the meeting with my father," says Draco, chewing on the inside of his cheek with so much force that he begins to taste blood.

Pansy's face pales and she bites her lip as if trying to hold back whatever it is she wants to say. But she finally breaks, "Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"No, Pansy. It's a stupid one. And I'm seriously starting to regret it," Draco says with closed eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose. He is normally a very pale person but his skin has practically turned translucent from the stress.

"Don't get caught," Pansy all but whispers. She looks almost as frightened as Draco feels.

"Merlin's beard! I never thought of that!" He says, a small smile gracing his lips. Sarcasm is one of Draco's many ways of coping. Though, some of his other methods are much more unhealthy; like taking things out on himself instead of dealing with his problems.