𝙲𝙿𝚂?

"No. Why would I hit my child in that way? At this point you just trying to find a way to take my baby away! What the fuck!" Onika was going crazy. We took Azaria to the hospital last night and they kept asking questions about abuse. They even called CPS. Claimed that because Onika was a young parent it was more likely for her to abuse the child out of spite. Which is dumb.

Azaria wouldn't even leave Nickis side, but they still did the most. There was no sign of abuse. The mark on Zaris forehead was the only bruise. "Ma'am. We're sensing some anger and aggression. Is there anything we can help you with? Maybe this anger is radiating off of you onto the child. We wouldn't want her to be-"

"Oh bitch! Shut the fuck up!" Onika shouted. We were discharged from the hospital, just being talked to by some worker. We're able to leave and everything, but they lady has Nickis information already. The hospital gave it over, which isn't right. But they said they could because it involved the concern of a child being harmed. Whatever that fucking means.

Onika picked up a sleeping Zari and walked out. I followed behind her, carrying the bags. The lady was steady writing on this paper. When we made it to Nickis truck, she rested her head on the steering wheel. I rubbed her back, and started to hear sniffles.

She started to breathe in slowing, inhaling and exhaling from her mouth. "Whew fuck." She whispered, wiping her face. I stopped her from cranking the truck and tried to get her to look at me. She wouldn't.

"Look at me." I mumbled. She looked over slowly and was trying to hold in her tears before breaking down. "I don't know what to do." She whispered. I nodded my head and pulled her to sit in my lap.

Her heart was beating really fast and she kept crying. We just sat there and met her get it out. Kali was blowing our phones up. It's been a whole day that we've been there because they wanted to keep her. To assure that she didn't have a concussion or anything. Understandable. But them pulling that CPS shit should've got they ass beat. Imma remember they faces so when I see em in the streets, imma fuck em up. Simple.

"It's gonna be alright. Nothings gonna happen. We got this. Let all that go to the back of your mind right now. You can go home and eat and sleep because you know that she's okay. That's all that matters....she's okay." I rubbed her back. She nodded her head and sat up.

It's noon and we have to get back because Kali has been going crazy. She couldn't come because Onika made her stay for school. If it was up to her, she would be right with us. We rode in silence, Onika wiping her face every now and then. When we pulled up, she started breathing in and out again. I'm guessing that's an exercise to keep her calm.

She started waving me out, basically telling me to get Zari and go. I did, allowing her some time to herself. On the way, I heard a loud scream. It scared the shit out of me, but maybe she needed to let that out. I went inside and Kali came off the couch, grabbing Zari from me, kissing all over her face.

Minutes later, Onika came in looking refreshed. Kali came up to her, and Nicki looked at her crazy. She's supposed to be at school right now. "Hey...why aren't you at school?" She took a deep breath and blew it out slowly. Calming herself.

"I didn't want to... are you okay?" She opened her arms for a hug. Onika accepted and they rocked for a while before pulling apart. "Yea... uh... yes i'm fine." She said, more like she was convincing herself. Kali knew... but she let it go.

We let her go in the room alone, and I broke everything down to Kali. She was stuck by the end. If we really think...there's nothing we can do to convince them that what they think is happening, isn't. I don't live in her home, so my words wouldn't really matter. Kali is underage so they would assume that she's a victim as well. Zari came in with a bruise and they could take that and run with it; which is what they're doing.

"This is so fucked up..." Kali whispered. I nodded my head and kissed Zari's head. Onika came out of the room and opened the door. Sean was right there, and she walked him to the living room.

They both sat down across from each other, and he took a deep breath. "So...they trying to take her?" He asked. This man has a lot of hair. Wrong time. It's just so much.. you wouldn't be able to tell from his braids.

"I don't know yet. But they called CPS and took my information saying that she was being abused." Onika shrugged. He nodded his head and looked at Zari in my arms.

"Shit...so what happened to her head? I mean.. not that I agree with them or anything. Just asking." I still can't believe she got out of the bed. It's like a baby crib, but it's not. It's a twin bed with the fence looking thing around it. There's so much I need to learn about kids.

"She got the habit of climbing out of her bed. And usually I would catch her on the monitor before she even climbed out. But this time I wasn't by the monitor so she ended up going all the way over and fell onto one of her toys." She sighed covering her face with both hands.

He nodded his head again and reached for Zari. I gave her over and she woke up, smiling up at him. He kissed and played with her, making her smile and laugh. "Don't worry bout it Nic. We got it, they not gon take her. There's no proof that you hitting on her or mistreating her. The love this child got for you is enough for them to let the shit go. Zari wouldn't let them take her from you. She would give them hell. Youn got nothing to worry about." He assured her.

She just nodded and watched them interact. Zari was up and playing around like nothing ever happened. We just watched her. I guess she caught on because she stood in the middle and said, "Wha" Scrunching her face up. Looking like Nic. We laughed and she giggled running to Nics legs.

"Hey momma." She picked her up. Zari laid her head on her chest, sticking her thumb in her mouth. "Still won't keep that finger out." Sean chuckled. We shook our heads and sat. It was Azaria's world and we're just living in it.

At this moment, nothing mattered but her. She was the focus.

Sean left after a few hours and we were just chilling. Nicki laid in the bed with Zari right by her side. They both laid on their back, head to each other; talking. Most of it was gibberish, but Nic still replied. "I love you Azaria." She smiled. Zari covered her face like she was blushing making us laugh. "Wove you Mommy." Nic did the same thing she did, covering her face.

"You are such a pretty girl." Onika picked her up.

The same thing went on all day until Nicki got a call around 9pm.

"They want to do a home visit. Check everything and make sure there's nothing... I guess out of place. Said if I passed that...they'll drop the case. But what fucking case? Nothing should have a case if I haven't did anything." She started to cry again.

Azaria was with Kali, asleep.

As the other times she cried, I held her. There's no need in stopping her, she has to learn to express her emotions. Especially with me, i'm going to need that. Communication.

Eventually she fell asleep in my arms.