Chapter 1

The Sweeney twins were in the police station by the main entrance to meet up with Hawkes but he was in a meeting, he made them come early but they were waiting for thirty minutes "if I knew he was going take this long, I'd at least have time to find the other sock and put on the same pair," Perfida complained because she did wear two different socks, one was light purple but the other was mustard yellow.

"Yeah, you look silly," Perdita replied.

"Is it that bad?"

"No, just silly."

"Thanks, Purdy," Perfida sighed from her sister's honest remark.

"What's taking him so long?"

"Who knows but I might as well... make a new friend," Perfida spotted a young male cadet around the same age as her and easy on the eyes so she approached him.

"He's cute. Good luck!"

"Hi!" she greeted him by putting on her charms. "Are you new here?".

"Yeah, I just enrolled in the academy," the guy said to her in a friendly manner. "What about you? Are you here to enroll for the next term?"

"Uhm... no, I'm here to see... a friend."

"Oh! cool."

"Yeah, by the way are you single?" but all of sudden, she was pulled away from him.

"Cadet. Go to the lecture room now," Hawkes directed.

"Yes, Captain," the boy gulped yet tried to put on a straight face and saluted him then walked away.

Hawkes then faced Perfida who felt a bit embarrassed that she did something wrong from the looks on his stern face "and you, I didn't invite you here to fraternize with the cadets."

"I didn't do it for me, it's for my friend, March, I was just being a wing woman."

"His heart got stomped on and it shattered into millions of pieces," Perdita added and tried to sound sympathetic.

"Whatever," he groaned. "Just don't do it when they're in uniforms."

"Deal, so why am I here?" Perfida asked.

"Since you are leaving for an out of town trip, I am investigating a kidnapping case and I need your psychometry ability."

"I'm working for another police case?" Perfida gasped and somehow excited about it.

"Not working, you are assisting."

"Wait, did you say kidnapping?" Perfida quipped, Hawkes nodded his head in response. "So the victim is not dead?"

"Let's hope not, I got something from the victim's belongings but I need to see if you can get more information on your end."

"You think it can still work even when he's not a ghost?"

"Yes, why not?"

"Huh, I never knew that, let's try it," she answered.

They got to a meeting room, Hawkes and Zev sat down with her to take notes from her vision while Perdita stood by and watch "like before, I'm not going to tell you the name and other details, you need to figure that out on your own," Hawkes told her then handed to her a shirt that was belonged to the victim. "Here, just touch it and tell us what you see."

"Okay," Perfida had the shirt in her hand and started feeling it to get a premonition. She began focusing on its spiritual energy "I see lettera, it's an initial with a  name starts with a K and his surname is H, that's all I'm getting."

"That's fine, now what else you see?"

"Uhm... not much, it's dark with little, very little spec of light but I can see water, like a stream and it's filthy and weirdly, I can smell it."