Chapter 27

The insurgency stared them down with their weapons because the Soulpadres, Gussie, Koru, and Mauro were all tied to a tree. "I thought you said you guys done this before," Lexi expressed her frustrations to the twin ghosts watching her father, and boyfriend are still in danger.

"Yeah, but there are times that we failed," Perdita cringed. "Don't worry, it's gonna be okay."

"How? My Dad is here, and Gussie, and YOUR SISTER. How are you not worried?"

"I am, it's just that one of us should not be worried."

Lexi looked at Perdita, and saw how unfazed she was especially after what was happening with her twin sister.

Meanwhile, Taus began speaking to his prisoners, "nice try escaping," he mocked them. "But I know this part of the woods like it's on the back of my hands."

"Just let us go, we're not gonna tell anyone about this," Vance negotiated.

"I'm afraid it's not that easy." Taus turned to Perfida. "You may have gotten away from me last time, but not this time."

Vance, and Perfida gulped knowing that he was one of the men that chased them away from the underground city. "What's he talking about?" Gussie asked the only girl since she was tied next to him.

"Uhm... Long story," Perfida replied nervously.

"Listen. You shouldn't do this, it's not gonna change anything even if you kill us," Koru said to their captors.

"Shut up! Traitor," Taus exclaimed to his fellow Zumuyan. "Can't you see that they are taking our land?"

"You know, you have a chance to join us or die a traitor?"

Everyone had their eyes on Koru since he, and Taus were glaring at one another, "I pick the latter any day," he responded proudly.

"Koru, No!" Gussie disapproved to have his bestfriend would rather risk his life just to prove his loyalty.

"You're not gonna get away with this, whatever you're planning," Perfida warned Taus. "By the way, what exactly are you planning before killing us?" The men grunted, and shooked their heads at her.

The insurgency put out a grin in his face. "You'll see. Soon, our people we'll get our island back from trespassers, aliens, and traitors. You and your hotels, malls, universities, hospitals, forest parties. You think you guys can have it all just because you want it, and take it."

"Dude, it's not like that," Koru told them.

"I bought this land LEGALLY!" Mauro exclaimed that the kinds with him cringed that he was roaring in anger.

Taus curled his lips, and snickered towards the tycoon, "I wonder if your daughter is this hard-headed?"

The Soulpadres, Gussie, Koru and the two ghosts instantly knew what this evil man meant. "He... killed me?" Lexi aghasted.

"You..." Gussie stuttered in horror. "You killed Lexi."

"Believe it or not, that was not my intention," Taus claimed.

"You son of a bitch!" the poor father cried and wanted nothing but to beat the crap off her daughter's killer. "You killed my Lexi! You killed my little girl! How could you?!"

"Blame yourself. You keep taking our land, I did everything to make you stop so I had to come up some other way, and "I wanted to kidnap her but let's just say, I didn't realize my own strength."

"I'm gonna kill you!! you hear me? I'll kill you!!"

"Not before you're going to reunite with her." Taus shifted to his goons. "Let's go."