Chapter 20

"It's weird, I asked him if he needs help and he just got up and ran off," Perfida said to her friends about what happened last night in the balcony the morning after.

"Okay, weird," Vance replied.

"Probably it's nothing."

"Yeah. Well, let's not worry about it now and get back to enjoying our vacation and also helping Lexi at the same time."

"Alright, and after what happened in that underground city, it is best to just leave it alone and becareful. I'm just hoping that there's no more people missing or... worse."

"I know."

"Shh... non-believers approaching," March whispered to them because Gussie and Koru were coming.

"Act natural," Perfida said then they sat still in a very stiff way with an awkward expression in their faces.

"Hey, what are you guys talking about?"

"Oh, you know..." she gulped while Gussie and Koru looked at her in a weird way while waiting for her to finish. "Stuff" The rest tried to put on a straight but wanted to killed her from her telling a very lame lie.

"Mmm.. kay," Gussie respond with his brow lifted then shook it off. "Anyway, you guys ready to go? I want to have as much fun as I can get before going back to school."

"Alright, let's go!"

They went at a nearby farm that the French family owned but it was not your ordinary farm although there were your usual domestic animals and plants together with the new alien breed and species thanks to the cosmic citizens. The Zumu people got along with them just fine taking care of them and also riding the alien horse, moorq, as their transportation. "I've seen farm before but not like this," Vance said, amazed by the view.

"Me too," Perfida said back.

The Soulpadres and Bryce pet them by touching their long wooly hair and fed them, Perdita was also delighted to see these animals. "This one is Paddy, wanna ride him, Buddy?" Gussie asked the eight-year-old boy. "Don't worry, he's friendly."

"Yes,"  Bryce nodded in glee.

"Okay, come on, I'll help you out," Gussie carried the boy on the moorq. "Hold him tightly."

Perdita wished to have that experience, "have you ridden one before?" she asked Lexi.

"Few times, yeah," she answered.

"What's it like?"

"They are a lot faster and stronger than a horse. They are very helpful for getting people into the mountain."

"Wow!" Perdita was impressed.

"Peachy, ride with me," Bryce asked her older sister.

"Sure," Perfida jumped up to get to its back about a couple of time but she couldn't.

"Here, let me help you there," Gussie offered, he held her waist and lift her up that she got on it.

"Thanks."

"No problem. Hey, you guys, wanna go around the field?"

"Yeah, of course," Vance answered.

"Alright. Koru, let's get the moorqs out". Later, the boys each have their ride and were on it, "I'll ride with you, is that okay?" Gussie asked Perfida.

"Yeah, okay," she replied.

Gussie jump on to it and sat behind Perfida. "Let's go Paddy."

They went around the land, the two ghost girls followed them by foot, they saw many very colorful venutian plants in the field, by the hills like scattered jewels and watched other animals were roaming around freely.