Chapter 25

The older kids stopped by a town just to check it out before going back to the resort. It was very busy, a lot of tourists because there were a skirring competition in the small beach.

"Oh, wow! that is so stellar!" Perfida expressed, she and the other were just as amazed by the performace of the sports.

"I know, right?" Koru said. "Come on, I know the best seats."

The skirring instructor had some connections with the organizer to have him and his buddies watch the competition from the front sideline which they should pay but they did not have to.

There were ten teams, it was the third one competing. Phorions and humans were performing their butt off. Everything were very colorful, beautiful, and majestic. "Look!" Vance exclaimed as he pointed at one team were making a twister with the water then made a firework-like splash.

The crowd were applauding at the trick, and so was the two ghost girls that were also impressed. However, somewhere along the roaring fans, there was a man from the distance yet they could see the Soulpadres from where they were standing. This man seem to recognized Perfida, so he went away.

About thirty minutes later, it was break time, the kids could not stop talking about the competition while they were out to buy some snacks and drinks, "that guy that came out of the water, that was so stellar," March said then turned to Koru. "Can you do that?"

"No, that takes years of mastering," Koru answered.

"That hard, huh?"

"Yup."

"Oops, I need to go," Perfida said. "Where's the bathroom?"

"I just saw a porta potty at the other side of the beach," Gussie answered. "I can show you where, I need to go too."

"Sure, come on."

"Oh, me too," March said.

----

The porta potty were outside the beach, there were four and they were all occupied. "So how do you like the competition?" Gussie asked as they walked together.

"It was great," Perfida replied.

"I wish they have this in Ares City," March added.

"I know, I might miss this once I leave this Island," Gussie sighed which the two noticed that they stopped walking for a while.

"So are you really decided on leaving Thoto?"

"To be honest, I don't want to but after everything that happened with Lexi,  I wish I can still fix things. But the more I tried, the more I'm torturing myself. I know I had to go but I was scared because this Island is all I know, I grew up here, I made friends here."

Perfida and March listened to his woes, "it's gonna be okay," Perfida assured him.

"Thanks. Now, come on, we need to go before the competition is back on."

Later, Perfida and March were done relieving themselves, yet they were waiting for Gussie who was still in the porta potty. All of a sudden, while March was talking, Perfida felt like someone was watching her from behind, it made her uneasy.

Out of nowhere, a hand was on Perfida's shoulder that startled that she shrieked a bit. She turned around but was not the insurgency, "you?" the poor girl agaped.

It was Gussie's old friend, or ex-friend, "sorry, didn't mean to scare you," he apologized.

"You know this guy?" March asked.

"Yeah, he is... was Gussie's mediocre friend," Perfida answered. "Ivan?"

"Evan," the ex-friend corrected. "I remember your name is Perfida, right?"