Chapter 7

Gussie was in a bar alone drinking his sadness away while other people were having a good time by dancing to the loud music, chatting with their friends with the shot glass in their hands, flirting and making out with what could result to a one night stand. He was watching people go about their lives until he heard a familiar voice that he flinched and saw a guy he knew sitting at the bar too to order drinks, Gussie stood up and approached him. "Evan?"

"Gussie? hey!" the guy looked over to his side and saw him coming over.

"Hi! how you doing?"

"I'm good, you?" Evan answered yet he was plastering a smile because he was not thrilled in seeing him.

"Yeah... same. You alone? because maybe we can have a drink together to pass the time...?"

"No need, I... uhm," sadly he declined that it bummed Gussie.

"There you are, come on, the girls are here and..." another guy came to Evan. "Gussie? sorry, I didn't see you there, long time no see."

"Mm hmm," Gussie was very much dismayed yet he put on a brave face, he glanced to the table with the other people he knew and he wasn't able to be a part of it. Those posse was not happy to see him and looked at him with disgust.

"We need to go, we'd invite you to join but some of them is..."

"I get it, go."

"Nice seeing you again, Gussie."

The guys left him and be with their pals. Gussie watched them having fun without him, he was cast aside after Lexi's death.

Perfida was sleeping peacefully but then a white mists scattered in the room then whispering voices that was getting louder by the minute that was starting to wake up. She opened her eyes, her vision was blurry and it wasn't because she just woke up, it was because her eyesights weren't good yet she could see a white fuzzy figure as she looked up, it slowly focuses that it was actually someone in a white cloak.

Eyes widened in shock, it reached its hand out to her face that she let out a blood-curdling scream that she woke up the next morning that the sun was up and the nightmare was not the only thing stirred her. "Vance?!" she exclaimed, apparently he was sleeping next to her in the sofa and got awoken from her shriek. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Sorry," Vance yawned then sat up and rubbed his eyes. "Your grandfather let me sleep her because I was locked out from the room last night, I tried to call March and Leyo but I guess they were too tired to answer their phone."

"Oh! so why did you get out of the room last night?"

"Topher called," after that, Vance lied back down again. "That was one startle you had to wake you up like that, did you have a bad dream?"

"Yeah, I think."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No, I'm good."

"Hmm, okay, I'll just go back to sleep, I was stuck outside for almost two hours."

Perfida was taken aback by that. "Sure," she told him then lied back down to her side facing the other way, she was about to rest again but she heard her phone vibrated.

Once Perfida checked it, there was message from March, have you seen Vance?

Perfida typed, yes, he's here with us.

All of a sudden, she could feel Vance rotating and then embraced her with his arms and legs like he was cuddling her from behind, Perfida didn't mind since he was not aware that he was doing it but his weight was resting on her. "Oh my crapolai, he's heavy but something does smells fishy and it's not his pits... ugh."