Chapter 18

"He's getting on my nerves," Perfida said to Lexi in her hotel room as they were talking about Gussie.

"I understand, I know I have been asking a lot lately, I'm sorry," Lexi apologized. "This should be your vacation but instead you went your way to help me and Gussie."

"It's fine, I guess..."

"It's just that he keeps yelling at my sister," Perdita intervened.

"I know," Lexi said to her. "I'm sorry that she had to take all that."

"Purdy, really, I'm fine but I am tired," Perfida laid down on the couch and cover herself with a blanket. "I want to rest now from all this... drama."

"Yeah, Lexi, let my sister rest from your drama," Perdita mocked, Lexi decided not to respond to that.

Minutes later, Perfida fell asleep and started dreaming, it was from the vision she got from, she could see the people were running inside their homes to hide but all Perfida could see was a black smoke coming out from the passage way. She had a hard time breathing that she cough in her sleep and then began wheezing like she was inhaling the smoke that she woke up but the feeling was gone. It was unusual but Perfida could tell that something was up.

Morning after, the Soulpadres were in the lobby and Vance was starting to do some research about the lost city back in Tedyke. "I felt like I was choking, like I was breathing the smoke," Perfida explained.

"Weird," Vance muttered.

"What's weird?" Perfida asked.

"There's no record about the underground ruins that you and I found."

"That is odd but we know that it's now some hideout for... something illegal."

"Right, sadly this underground city is out of our hands now, we can't mix ourselves with that kind of problem. Damn. I want to check out more."

"Let's stick to Lexi for now on."

"Fine, let's help the martyred girlfriend," Vance turned off his tablet and crossed his arm in frustration.

"I am not a martyred girlfriend," Lexi scoffed, Perdita nodded at her that she was one. "Okay, maybe I am."

"And as long as that blockhead doesn't give me a hard time with those daggering dark blue eyes and..."

"Uhmm... Peach," March gulped with his eye's popped out almost coming out of his socket along with Vance, Leyo and Perdita had the same expression in their faces.

"He's standing behind me, isn't he?" Perfida figured it out once she could see the faces of her friends and her sister.

"Wow! you're mouth do need to hit the brakes," Gussie smirked once Perfida slowly turned around to face him. "Anything to add after... saying I have daggering blue eyes?"

"I didnt say, daggering blue eyes, I said daggering dark blue eyes."

"Oh, my bad," Gussie mocked then he noticed the boys' unimpressed faces especially March's. "Okay, look, sorry for the way I acted, I should've at least... not yell at you yesterday."

Perdita lifted her brow at his apology to her twin. "Hmm... Sincere with a dash of hesitation, okay, I believe him."

"Wow, I didn't expect that from you," Lexi appeared standing beside Perdita.

"I was only looking out for my sister from your bonehead, sorry... I mean boyfriend."

Lexi was annoyed at Perdita's childish name-calling yet she understood why she had to behave that way. "Fair enough," she grumbled.