Chapter 19

The night continued, Vance sitting with his friends getting praised by them and by the other guests. "You were amazing!" Perfida squeeled as she embraced him.

"You definitely were," March agreed, Vance just gave him a sweet grin in response.

"That's one performance there, boys," Ram complimented him and his son. "Great job, both of you."

"Thanks, Mr. French," Vance said.

For the first time in ages, Gussie could tell his father was proud of him, "thanks, dad," he told his dad with a smile on his face even Torrey was glad to see her husband said something nice to him. "But Vance did all the work."

"Oh come on, Gussie. I just sing, I didn't arrange the whole thing, you did all the work," Vance reminded him.

"He's right, son, you did all this and it went very well," Ram added.

"We're very proud of you," Torrey said. "And I must say Vanzant, you are a phenomenal singer."

"Thank you, Mrs. French," Vance replied.

After eating their dinner, the newly engaged couple were slow dancing on the middle of the dining area were there was a space enough to do that for couple like them to just be together and be romantic. They were too happy that they let other guests dance with them, "little man, let's ask mother and daughter to dance with us shall we," Archie said to his grandson.

"Okay," Bryce answered.

"Ask the girl nicely, Bryce," Torrey advised the little boy, Bryce just nodded in response, she then turned to her husband. "Well... aren't you gonna ask me to the dancefloor?"

Ram smirked at her and took her hand, "I don't have to ask you that".

March gazed over to Vance wishing that he would ask him yet that could only happen in his dream, he wanted to invite to dance but that wouldn't be right. "Hmm... I feel like dancing. Perfida, you want to dance with me?" Vance asked her instead.

Perfida was reluctant since she knew March wanted it more than she did, "yes, I do," she replied instead so the two stood up and went off to dance.

"It's okay, March," Perdita pitied him, she could see the sadness in his face, she gave March a hug even though he could not feel her touch while he watched his two best friends danced together, not that he was jealous because it was just platonic.

"You like him, don't you?" Gussie asked.

March was too choked up to respond. "Yes, he does," Leyo blurted.

"Dude!" March grunted to the little Livo.

"Sorry."

"Yes. It's true."

"I knew it," Gussie snickered.

"Crap, is it obvious?" March felt embarrassed.

"Please, I saw how you looked at him when he was singing, I think you were drooling."

"Oh! Gosh."

Vance was waltzing with Perfida and happened to glanced over March talking to Gussie. "They seem comfy with each other," he gave her an eye contact to show her. "Do you think something is going on between them?"

Perfida subtly looked at them, "they're just talking," she said. "Why?"

"Nothing, I just thought there's something."

"Come on, tell me."

"Promise me that this goes no further."

Perfida felt in her gut that she should know about this, "okay, what is it?"