Chapter 28

The Soulpadres with the other four went to the vehicle charging station, and hangout at the convinient store to have something to eat and drink to ease their nerves. Gussie was inside to buy them, Mauro and Evan was on the phone.

"Did you really saw a wagan?" Vance whispered.

Perfida nodded. "Yup."

"What did they look like?" March asked.

"I didn't see much, the white cloaks but I didn't see a face."

"Did he... do something?" Vance questioned.

"No," she said. "No, actually, it said something."

"What?"

"Sama...? I'm not sure if I heard it correctly."

"It's an old Zumuyan language," Koru said. "We don't really speak much of it when Arions came in our island."

"Oh, I'm sorry," Perfida replied. "I guess, because of us you don't practice your culture much."

"Don't be, and we still practice our culture. The reason some of us are not like those rebels is because we want a better lives to ourselves, and that's what the Island leaders wanted too."

"Really? So do you know what does it mean?"

"It's like take care."

The Soulpadres tilted their heads with this puzzled look in their face, "so basically, it's telling me to take care?" she asked.

Koru shrugged. "Probably."

"Still... That was scary," March exasperated.

"Yeah, I know, let's just be glad that we got out of there alive," Vance said.

"You're right," Perfida sighed.

The ghosts girls were listening at the side, "is that true? you really saw a Wagan," Lexi asked.

"Yeah," Perdita answered, and looked at Lexi in a weird way. "Didn't you?"

"No, I was with my Dad when there was a mist. Wow, can't believe you've seen one?"

"Me too."

Few minutes later, Gussie carried two bags of chips, and beverages. "Here, let me help you out there, Gus," Evan offered then took one bag from his hand.

"Thanks, Man," Gussie replied. Even though, he was grateful that Evan saved them, he still didn't know how to act towards him after two years of not talking to each other.

"You okay?"

"Hmm? Yeah, yeah... uhm... by the way, thanks for saving us back there."

"Don't worry about it," Evan said then looked over the Soulpadres, and Koru. "The least I could do after... being a shitty friend."

"You got that right, you have been a shitty friend," Gussie responded bluntly.

"Listen. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry about everything, and I hope we can go back to being friends."

"Me too, that's what I wanted before but now... I don't know. I still want to leave this island."

As dejected as Evan was, he comprehended. "I get it."

"Don't get me wrong, I want still want that, just not right away, you know."

"I know."

"But visit me wherever I'll end up," Gussie requested with a friendly smile on his face. "If you can."

Evan beamed then the two old friends fist-bumped, and hugged it out. "Just tell me where."

Meanwhile, Mauro sat beside Perfida, "so how old are you?" he asked her while the ghost of his daughter watched them.