Chapter 23

Gussie just finished his task of the day so he took his car keys and got out of the room. He strolled to the hallway until he bumped into his mother, "hey, mom," he greeted.

"Where are you going?" Torrey asked.

"Showing Perfida and her friends the restaurant."

"Oh! I am happy that you all are getting along just fine now."

"Well, you're right, mom, they're cool. Anyway, I should get going."

"Hold on, Sweetie, just one more thing."

"Yeah, mom?"

"This may not be an easy thing to ask and I'm not gonna force you if can't."

"Mom, what is it?"

Torrey held his hand, "when you leave, maybe just maybe, you are willing to fix things with your father."

"Mom, I want that too but it's hard to do that when keeps berating me everytime we interact."

"I know, I'll talk to him about it and we can just all sit down and have a calm conversation."

Gussie briefly thought about then nodded, "sure, mom, we can do that."

His mother smiled and tried to hold back her tears, she hugged her son after that, "thank you, Gussie. Don't worry if he said something that hurts you, he will have to go through me first."

"Mom, that's fine, I'm used to that love language," he blurted. "Sorry that came out wrong."

"Well, it will change after that, okay?"

"Okay, mom."

"Now go, treat your friends."

"Bye, mom. Love you." Gussie kissed his mother on the cheek then left.

---------

Later, the arrived in the restaurant and the mood seem different than before, "I thought you said that this place is a dump," Vance said as he and the others got out from the jeep and tried not to look disgust at the establishment. "No offense."

There were more people there and there were adults doing some crafts and their kids playing around the yard, "it was." Gussie was just as stumped. "Maybe we should've brought along Bryce. Sorry."

"It's okay, he might not enjoy it," Perfida replied.

"So this is the restaurant," Lexi said. "The... location is nice."

"He's not gonna hear your honest opinion," Perdita reminded her fellow ghost.

The waiter that served Gussie came to them, "hey, you're back!"

"Yeah, with friends, hello again. What is going on here?" Gussie asked.

"Oh, we use the place for workshops to make weaves and baskets," the waiter answered. "I hope you don't mind."

"Stellar." Perfida was impressed.

"Can we still eat here?" Gussie quipped

"Yes, come inside." The waiter guided them. "We'll just have to find you a table and chairs."

"No problem."

"The view is great," Perfida commented as she was about to sit down a chair that was left by ridge at the side of the restaurant.

"No! don't sit on that!" the waiter yelled but it was too late, Perfida sat on it but the its leg bent that she fell.

"OW!" Perfida yelped, she was on the ground with this pain on her behind.