Chapter 21

At night, the kids went back to clean up and change to go out again but they are not the only one going out. The Sweeney siblings were in their room, Perfida was fixing her hair and Harrison was already sleeping in the bed, "I hope you still have some energy left, Bryce," Archie said. "Because we are going to the casino where you can win a Porsche."

"For his favorite sister?" Perfida joked.

"If he wins two."

"Good luck, Bro."

"Thanks, Peachy!" Bryce replied.

"So where are you and your friends going tonight?" Archie asked Perfida.

"I have no idea actually," Perfida shrugged.

"Anyway, Peach, I'm glad that you and Gussie are getting along from what I see, he really needs good friends like you and those boys."

"I know, thanks, Papoli. Hopefully, he and his Dad could mend things soon between them."

"Me too," Archie agreed. "Someday."

Perfida got a text and head to the door, "I have to go, I'll see you guys later. Good luck winning that Porsche."

------

Bryce and Archie were walking out the main entrance until Archie noticed something when he looked into his shoulder bag. "Shit, I forgot my wallet," he said. "I need to go back to the room and get it, you stay here."

"Okay, Papoli," the boy answered, Archie left his young grandson alone.

The eight-year-old took out his phone to play a game but a minute later, he heard soft humming sounds that caught his attention. Bryce looked up but no one was there so he continued playing but there it was again and that was when he saw a figure in white cloak standing across the road, apparently he was the only one who was not aware that it was a Wagan reaching out to him.

Bryce was not scared although he was intruiged and somehow hipnotized that he began approaching to the spirit. It was calling him as the kid took a step closer to road, he lost control over his mind and let his body just move.

The Wagans calling was getting louder and louder, Bryce was already in the middle of the road. Fortunately, Archie came back in time and caught his grandson in an unsafe zone. "Bryce! Bryce!" he yelled out to him but the kid didn't hear him so Archie chased him before anything bad could happen. "BRYCE!"

"What?" Bryce woke up from the trance and found himself in the road but he stood there frozen in disbelief that Archie had to pull him out there.

"Bryce! you know better than to cross the road alone."

"I'm sorry, Papoli, but... I don't remember how I got here," the boy claimed.

Archie was confused from his answer, "what do you mean you don't remember?"

"I was playing on my phone over there and I saw a person."

"PERSON? what person? who?!"

"I don't know," Bryce glanced around then shrugged his shoulder. "I remember he was wearing white?"

Archie was silenced since he knew right away what he meant, "wearing white?" he stammered.

"I'm sorry, Papoli. Honest, I don't know how I got here," Bryce whimpered then hugged his grandfather.

"It's okay, I believe you, come on, let's just stay inside and order some pizza."

"Okay, Papoli."

Once they went back to the main entrance, Archie felt worried and gazed around the area to see any sign of the entity.