Chapter 11

Gussie was online looking for schools all over the world, his deceased girlfriend was there standing next to him watching what he was doing. "This is good, you should've done this a long time ago," Lexi said but of course, Gussie couldn't hear her encouragement.

Torrey then barged in with a smile on her with her tablet in her hand. "Hi! sweetie I have here some lists of good universities here that you might want to apply."

"Sure, mom, I'll check it out," he said to her.

Then his mom saw what was on his computer. "Why are you looking for cooking class?"

"It is a restaurant that I'm going to own, mom, I need to learn how to cook."

"The only thing you can make is a cereal, though that... you started with the milk before the cereal," she chuckled along with Gussie. "Why not hire a chef? You can have one of ours here...?"

"Lexi always wanted be a chef and to have a restaurant and she wanted to do things all the cooking."

"That's different, Lexi can cook, you need to hire someone who can cook."

"I suppose so, their food are okay but it could be better with a better presentation and a whole lot of restoration and maybe renovation."

"Leave that to me, honey, you concentrate on getting that degree."

"Thanks, mom, I promise that I'll pay back everything. Hopefully, once I get back everyone can... you know."

"Me too," Torrey held her son's face.

"I'm kinda nervous to start over should I lie to them about my 'criminal record'?"

"Gussie, not everyone thinks that it's your fault."

"I know, mom, I just wish those people were my father and my friends."

"Then make new friends, what about Archie's granddaughter, Perfida, and her pals?"

"Hell no," Gussie expressed his refusal.

"Sweetie, they didn't know that it was you that they were talking about and they apologized, didn't they?" his mother replied.

"Right," he shook his head. "It's hard to tell her sincerity under that lame red specs anyway."

"It's not her fault that she got into a car crash that ruined her eyesight."

"Car crash?" Gussie was taken aback by that.

Torrey nodded in confirmation. "Archie's son, Apollo, got into a car crash that killed him and his other granddaughter, Perdita, who is also Perfida's twin sister. She too lost two the most important people in her life."

"It's sad but it's not the same, mom, no one blames her for their... loss"

"I know it's hard for you to trust anyone but by how you're acting, it's the same how your father and the people who were your friends treated you, think about it". Torrey then kissed him in the forehead and left his room leaving him to contemplate that what his mother said was right.

The twins were walking through the corridor to get to the room and Perfida was on her phone. "What are you looking for?" her Perdita asked.

"I am searching for an answer to how to get through someone who has a thick skull?" Perfida answered, she paused for a second to see if Gussie was around to make sure he didn't hear her.

"Try knocking it down first."

"That's very," Perfida laughed. "Knocking it down."

"I know, right?"