Chapter 13

The Soulpadres and the two ghost girls were waiting for their driverless van, RodeVan, in the main entrance by the pick-up point. "I got to admit, this is gonna be stellar," Perfida expressed her giddy.

"I know," Vance agreed also feeling excited.

Koru then was there just coming in for work and saw the gang there. "Hey, guys!" he called their attention, the kids jolted and turned their heads at him.

"Koru," March gasped, his heart began beating very fast.

"What's up? Where are guys going?"

"We're going to Tedyke," Perfida blurted which she realized was a mistake yet Leyo covered her mouth with his big hands, Vance and March tried to smile it off even though they were panicking inside.

"Tedyke?" Koru lifted a brow at her response. "What are you gonna do there?"

"Well, I'll tell you what were not gonna do, we're not gonna check out the Wagan spirits," Perfida lied. Sort of. Leyo covered her mouth again.

"What she means is, we just want to check out the town," Vance jumped in to help cover up that bad lie.

"Oh okay," Koru seem to be convinced by that. "I think there'll be people there performing a puppet show today, in case you guys are interested."

"Sure, we'd love to watch that, Thanks," March grinned.

"No problem, I'll see you guys around," Koru then walked inside the hotel.

The boys glared at Perfida. "What?" she acted coy. "It's not like he bought it."

Later, they arrived in Tedyke about fifteen minutes away from the hotel. The structures were cone-shaped in different sizes that are made of mud and organic materials. "We're here, you know, this place looks so cute to settle," Perfida commented.

"It'll be a lot more cuter without worrying about the Wagan," March said.

"Truelalu."

"Hey! guys, look at this," Vance stared at an A4 size screen that was placed almost every wall in town showed slideshows of portrait of three different people. "They went missing just recently."

"Oh my crapolai," Perfida gasped.

"That's terrible," Leyo said.

Lexi also looked at it and she seem stuped when she saw there was an image of a girl. "What is it? do you know her?" Perdita saw her face.

"She... was my friend in college, I didn't know she was missing a year ago," Lexi answered with a worried tone that a person she knew was also gone, Perdita looked at her in pity.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Thanks, I hope... she's okay."

They walked through the place to get to the forest, it seem like it was a normal day, there were locals working and selling their products to the tourists that stayed there for their vacation. "This town seem so... lively, don't you think?" March voiced.

"Yeah, and?" Perfida didn't follow his point.

"Nothing, I kinda picture it differently since they are nearest to the Wagans."

"Probably they're smart enough to not go there," Leyo replied.

"Yeah... but still..."

"The Livo is right, we have lives to live and don't dwell so much on the dangers ahead," a local woman wearing a weave dress and turban on her head covering her head, approached them. "Hello, I'm Nita, I'm the Tedyke's community leader."