Chapter 14

Gussie finished work early that he got out from his office then he saw his old friend coming from Payroll. "Koru?" he called.

"Gussie, hey!" Koru went to him and they gave each other a friendly clasp then hugged each other. "Long time no see, I... mean talk because I do see you around."

"Yeah, I get yah. Whatcha doing?"

"Not much, I just got my salary and gonna go back to the beach, you know how it is."

"Cool, I'm done with my work anyway, I'll go with you."

"Sure," Koru happily answered. The boys then walked together through the hallway, "how's it going, man? I mean bossman?"

"Don't call me that," Gussie jokingly said. "Anyway, I'm a lot better now actually."

"I'm glad."

"So what about you? what's new?"

"Aside from teaching skirring to your dad's special guests, I... I am actually..." Koru began to stutter nervously.

"What? what is it?" Gussie looked at him in weird way.

"I'm planning to propose to my girlfriend next year."

"No friggin way! that's awesome."

"Yeah, it is."

"I'm so happy for you, man."

"Thanks."

"When she says yes, let me know the date, if I'm invited that is."

"Of course, I'd love for you to be there," Koru winked.

"Awesome, don't worry, I'll be there no matter where I am," Gussie accidentally said so they suddenly stopped walking.

"Huh? what are you talking about? are you leaving or something?"

Gussie scratched his head and couldn't look him in the eye for second. "I am," he confirmed, Koru tried not to look upset. "I'm... continuing my studies somewhere else because... I can't go back to Tholo college. Yeah... I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize, I get it, buddy. I'll always be by your side no matter what," Koru assured him.

"You're the best, man," Gussie hugged him again. "I promise I'll give you the best wedding gift."

"I'll look forward to that," Koru chuckled.

"Let's have fun before I'm gone, just like old times."

"Yeah, let's do that". The two continued their way to the beach.

----

In the jungle, the Soulpadres were still moving already further away from Tedyke in their slightly soaked clothes plus Leyo was on March's back like a koala bear, in actuality, it was normal for them to do that to humans. "Is it just me or five minutes walk in the forest seem like forever?" Perfida whined as she walked way behind them.

"Yeah, it's way past five minutes, I think it's fifty minutes" Vance said. "Please tell me we're not lost."

"It only has been three minutes," March told them.

"Easy for you to say, you're an athlete," Leyo respond dryly.

"Sorry, guys, I thought it was five minutes," Lexi apologized. "But I swear, we're not lost, I know where were going, we're almost there."

"Good news, we're not lost and we're almost there and not that bad of a news, she is worst in time estimation," Perfida sighed.

"I take it that you were not good in math?" Perdita asked the fellow ghost girl.